Machine Operator – 3rd shift
Sets up and operates metal fabricating machines such as brakes, shears and presses, to cut, bend, straighten, and form metal plates, sheets, and structural shapes by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, and sequence of operation.
- Selects, positions, and secures tooling and fixtures onto machine.
- Positions and clamps stops, guides, and turntables.
- Adjusts controls to set and regulate machining factors such as pressure and depth of ram stroke, adjustment rolls, blade angle, and machine speed.
- Locates and marks bending or cutting lines and reference points on workpiece.
- Positions workpiece against stops and guides or aligns layout marks with dies or cutting blades.
- Starts machine and observes machine operation to reposition workpiece, change dies, or adjust machine settings for multiple or successive passes.
- Inspects or measures work.
- Labels parts and moves them to proper storage location
- Documents deviations from prints or specifications and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Wears all required PPE.
- Trains new or existing employees, if necessary.
- Responsible for reporting work related injuries and near misses to supervision.
- Responsible for wearing all required PPE and following applicable safety/environmental rules.
- Responsible for correcting or reporting unsafe conditions observed within the plant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos (i.e. safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, shop-floor paperwork, and procedure manuals). Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and interpret bar graphs. Ability to read a scale and vernier calipers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Knowledge of CNC software and the ability to use a PC. The need for these skills varies depending on the machine.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES
Forklift license required in some departments. Must be able to obtain within three (3) months.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.ID:uDnQdo