Machine Operator, Blasting, Forging
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions provides solutions for orthopedic implant procedures enabling a longer, active life. Working in an industry that has the ability to impact lives in such a profound way has proved to be a strong motivator for Orchid. The Lansing facility specializes in the forging and machining of hip and knee implants across our 3 campus. A career with Orchid provides growth opportunities, a great benefits package including performance bonuses, insurance, 401(k) with company match and paid time off. For more information, please visit www.orchid-ortho.com
SHIFTLAN - Shift 2 ($.50) (United States of America - Michigan)
A BRIEF OVERVIEW
The Blaster Operator is responsible for operating the Blaster according to the established standard work to prepare parts for their next operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The Machinist, CNC reports directly to the area Supervisor.
- Performs basic machining functions to produce parts.
- Operates multiple machines simultaneously.
- Monitors the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily maintenance sheets.
- Makes off sets and adjustments to machines with moderate supervision.
- Advocates for the health and safety of self, co-workers, customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Completes all required training.
- High School Or Equivalent (Preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (Preferred)
- 1+ Years of Experience Operating Machining Equipment in a Manufacturing Environment (Preferred)
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Machining Trade School (Preferred)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
- Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Machine Set Up - Working Experience
- Visual Quality Assurance - Working Experience
- GD&T - Working Experience
- Blueprint Reading - Working Experience
- Information Processing - Basic Knowledge
- Quality Inspection Metrology Tools - Working Experience
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Handwriting - Basic Knowledge
- Data Entry - Working Experience
- Mathematical Ability - Basic Knowledge
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position - Frequently
- Must be able to move about the inside of the building - Occasionally
- Must be able to move equipment around the building - Occasionally
- Must be able to position oneself and move under/around/over equipment - Occasionally
- Must be able to handle/adjust/inspect/position various items and equipment - Constantly
- Must be able to communicate and exchange information with others - Frequently
- Must be able to perform tasks that require repetitive handling/adjusting/inspecting/positioning of items and equipment - Constantly
- Must be able to distinguish and detect information such as writing and defects - Frequently
- Noise - Frequently
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
At Orchid, we fully support a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, hair type, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions only pays fees for solicited presentations of job seekers submitted through our preferred vendor job board by recruiters, employment agencies, or other parties.ID:uDnQdo