Commerce City, CO
1st Shift: 6:30am-3pm
2nd Shift: 2pm-10:30pm
Pay: $15.00 - $22.00 per hour
About Re:Build Manufacturing & Oribi
Oribi Manufacturing, located in Denver, CO, is a leader in the development and production of advanced thermoplastic composites. We utilize automation, robotics, and advanced materials to produce advanced composite parts for a wide range of industries, including sporting goods, defense, wind energy, automotive, marine, and others.
Re:Build Manufacturing is a rapidly growing family of industrial businesses combining enabling technologies, operational superiority, and strategic M&A to build America's next generation industrial company. At Re:Build we deploy deep expertise in operations management and technology to supercharge performance of our subsidiaries by implementing core technologies across industrial platforms in diverse growth markets. Our goal is to help revitalize the U.S. manufacturing base over the coming decades, creating substantial opportunities for our employees and the communities where we operate.
We leverage deep professional expertise and a candid, principled operating culture to drive differentiated outcomes for our customers, our employees, our communities and our investors. Ours is a fast-paced environment where individuals can stretch and be challenged with a wide variety of opportunities and projects. We empower and support our employees to pursue their fullest potential and provide meaningful avenues for personal and professional growth.
Who we are looking for
The Machine Operator is responsible for the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of machinery; ensuring equipment is producing high-quality products, runs smoothly and at capacity, and is properly maintained through periodic tests and repairs.
What you will get to do
- Responsible for overseeing all activities associated with running machinery. This includes staging, setup, operation run, shutdown, quality, and housekeeping.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, adjust, and clean equipment, and perform minor repairs to ensure quality production.
- Monitor work area for safety hazards and report hazards to management; perform visual inspections of equipment for safety barriers and defects.
- Train on specific production equipment/machinery in a safe and productive manner.
- Run press and turning machines and serve as a backup to operator positions in various areas.
- Accurately completes applicable quality and production reports hourly. Record any downtime and the cause.
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to company specifications and separate nonconforming products.
- Report all quality defects to the appropriate team members and shift leadership.
- Maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production and additional areas assigned by leadership.
- Effectively work with interdepartmental personnel to maintain a good flow of safety, quality, and production information throughout the facility.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team
- No high school degree required.
- One year to three years of similar or related experience.
- Press brake and turning machine experience preferred, but not required.
- Water jet experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience on the following machines strongly preferred layup, consolidator, trim, and press.
- Able to demonstrate adaptability by reacting appropriately to unexpected changes in situations or circumstances.
- Seeks to develop technical knowledge through learning from other experts and understanding the interdepartmental impact of individual decisions and actions.
- Understands weights and measurements along with basic math skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong hand tool knowledge.
- Alert and effectively escalates issues immediately by communicating clearly.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
The BIG payoff
We are a company who is going to make a difference in the industries and the communities in which we choose to operate.
Every employee of Re:Build will share ownership in the company and will share in the financial rewards of the success we achieve together, at all levels of the company!
**We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate **
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations[email protected] or you may call us at 617.909.6275.
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Press Brake