Machine Operator III
Confluent Medical Technologies, Inc.
Purpose and Scope
A Confluent Centerless Grinder/Machine Operator III is capable of setting up and running various types for Centerless Grinder and multiple different production machines across two or more departments* un-assisted to produce the required amount of product to the tolerances called for within their shift. They also possess the ability to set-up production machinery and are called on for their trouble shooting and training capabilities over more than one department . Works under minimal supervision.
- Follow all corporate, safety and production standard operating procedures. Examples include but are not limited to employee handbook, Safety Protocols, standard operating procedures, Work Instructions and Best Practices
- Ability to read/interpret complex engineering drawings and other technical documentation associated with production.
- Work at different workstations as production needs require.
- Meet productivity and quality goals.
- Use and read measuring devices, i.e., rulers, calipers, micrometers, thermometers, gauges, etc and perform self-inspection on all process steps.
- Know how to check production equipment status by checking for current calibration date.
- Properly completes manufacturing documentation, i.e., logbooks, traveler, log sheets, production records.
- Participate in improvement activities related to process or safety.
- Conduct basic to complex quality inspection of own or other's work in accordance with process or other control procedures.
- Be able to mentor less experienced personnel on any of the above procedures.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Interpersonal- Maintains confidentiality. Oral Communication- Listens and gets clarification. Written Communication- Varies writing style to meet needs. Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time. Dependability- Ability to work varying shifts and overtime hours when required. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Professionalism- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Quality- Monitors own work to ensure quality. Quantity- Works quickly.
Education And Experience
Ideally 5+ years of direct experience setting up, running and troubleshooting production needs associated with Centerless Grinder equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent, and related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write and understand English to comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos as well to write simple correspondence. Able to communicate problems to supervisor or lead.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems and seek supervisors for clarity.
- Follows safe work practices and maintains an organized and neat work area. This includes identifying potential risks and recommending/implementing remediations to those risks.
- Extensive interaction over the entire manufacturing floor requires significant standing and walking on an ongoing basis and the team leader must have the ability to sit and stand, use arms, hands and fingers to perform routine administrative duties and lift 50 lbs.
- Requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Employees required to wear personal protective equipment as called out by work instructions and management direction.
- Able to apply regulatory (AS9100, ISO9001) requirements in everyday activities.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and guard the integrity of proprietary information.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for this position.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work well under pressure and maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Eager to learn and expand responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.