Machine Operator – TWB Canton, MI
Do you want to work for a company that has a people 1st philosophy? Do you want to work in an environment that is clean and safe? Want to have opportunities to grow and build your skillset? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then TWB may be the place for you.
Our TWB facility in Canton, MI is looking for industrial Machine Operators for our Weld Line Team! Our machine operators are responsible for the safety, quality, and productivity of the machine. This position is also responsible for timely processing of customer orders and flow of material, contributing to process efficiency. Operators are responsible for correctly tagging the finished material and moving it to the next designation and stages as required.
Here in Michigan, we process steel and use technologies that are helping automotive companies produce stronger and lighter vehicles. Fun fact – TWB (a joint venture with Worthington Industries) is the largest purchaser of flat-rolled steel behind the automakers and our steel can be found in over 50% of US cars! Sounds cool, right? It gets better. We operate under the guiding principle of the Golden Rule- treating others the way we want to be treated.
If you're still wondering why, you should join our team, here's a quick list of reasons:
- Competitive Starting Pay - $19.70/hour + Shift Differential
- Paid Holidays - Starting on Day 1
- Day 1 Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental and vision)
- Performance-based pay increases
- On the job training- manufacturing experience required
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to our comprehensive benefits on Day 1
- $2,500 retention bonus paid out your first year
- Quarterly profit sharing: your hard work pays off!
- Continental shift: 5am–5pm/5pm-5am
- Work 48 hours one week and 36 the next
- 2 days on/2 days off / 3 days on / 2 days off – rotates week to week back and forth
- Example of 48 Hour Week: Work Monday & Tuesday / Off Wednesday & Thursday / Work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Sunday is included in the 36-hour week)
- Example of 36 Hour Week: Off Monday & Tuesday / Work Wednesday & Thursday / Off Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- Receives instructions, material requirements, prints, and work orders for the job.
- Plans details of working procedure.
- Performs routine maintenance and machine set-up when necessary.
- Operates machine to perform necessary job on parts according to instructions and to blueprint specifications.
- Performs first piece inspection using one or more method to assure all dimensions are correct and within given tolerances.
- Makes fine adjustments to machine to bring part within tolerances.
- Places finished material on a pallet or in a container with the work order and piece part number.
- Moves material to next destination and stages as required.
- 6 months of previous manufacturing experience or equivalent knowledge
- Forklift and crane training provided - license preferred
- Ability to lead by example, coach and train
- Can read productions and log required documentation accurately
- Above average knowledge of machine process and steel defects
- Ability to write accurate reject reports
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read blueprints and comprehend instructions and short correspondence
- Ability to perform all required quality checks and surface inspection of material
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see small detail, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Required OSHA safety training
- May require First Responder Training (1st Aid and CPR)
TWB Company is North America’s market leader for tailor welded products with locations in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ontario and Mexico. Formed in 1992, TWB is a joint venture of Worthington Industries and BAO and Steel Company. The company developed the tailor welded blank market in North America and is the leading manufacturer of tailor welded products in the NAFTA region supporting JIT production and services to the automotive industry. The company’s technologies are helping automotive companies produce stronger, lighter vehicles.ID:uDnQdo