Machine Operator/Entry Level.
Ox Industries, Inc.
MILL - Machine Operator/Entry level – Aurora, IL
How You Will Impact OX Industries-Aurora:
Primary duties include safely performing a wide range of tasks that include paperboard finished products, conducting quality checks, material set-up, and maintaining a clean and organized workspace. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a strong desire to learn manufacturing processes and operating complex machinery and have a desire to advance within the company.
Responsibilities: Ability to operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, operate power hand tools, and other duties as assigned. Maintain a clean work environment. Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math and computer skills. Ability to work safely and comply with all safety regulations. Ability to navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift. Required to work daily overtime, weekends, work, and various rotating shifts depending on your position.
- Set up machine according to product specifications.
- Adjust equipment using tools to set speeds and feed rates.
- Clean and maintain equipment & work area.
- Prepare material for each schedule job.
- Assist other operators to resolve production issues.
- Execute all machine schedules.
- Report daily production.
- Stock finish product as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Comply with all safety procedures & rules.
- Able to work on rotating 1st (7:00am-3:00pm), 2nd (3:00OM-11;00PM) & 3rd (11:00PM-7:00AM) shifts & On-Call at Paperboard Machine – MILL.
What You Need to Succeed - Requirements:
- High school degree or GED equivalent.
- Desired experience of 2 to 3 years in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to tolerate heat and cold.
- Able to stand most of the shift-day.
- Able to walk, bend, turn, and squat throughout the day.
- Able to work around strong odors (chemicals, paper).
- Able to wear personal protective equipment for eyes, head, face, feet, hands, or full body.
- Able to work overtime & weekends (up to 12 hours).