Machine Shop Supervisor
Steeger USA, LLC
About Us:BW Flexible Systems is a global manufacturer of packaging systems that fill and bag thousands of food and non-food products. Our packaging systems are designed and manufactured to maximize the efficiency and lifetime value of our customers’ packaging lines. Our range of machinery includes form-fill-seal, feeding, bag filling and sealing, pouch-making equipment, flow-wrap, reclosable packaging solutions, palletizing, stretch-wrapping and more.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Machine Shop Supervisor provides leadership and support for machinists and support staff within machine shop. This role owns standard work within an area and will have the responsibility of coordinating the development, maintenance, and execution of standard work documents. The Machine Shop Supervisor is responsible for providing insightful leadership by encouraging others to discover, develop and apply their talents enabling them to reach their full potential. Actively engages in our Lean journey by building and acting on continuous improvement and development opportunities.
- Develop and own lean culture and lean management system
- Identify improvement opportunities with the intention of building efficient capacity in alignment with organizational growth plans.
- Developing overall production schedule ensuring proactive action on backlog
- Understand developmental needs and goals of the team and team members and define development paths accordingly.
- Provide detailed performance feedback to TM’s, including one on ones and annual reviews.
- Ensure that Team Shift Leads use daily standard work and are providing direct support to machinists; support daily communication and fill in for Shift Leads when out.
- Developing and defining safety improvements
- Identifies and determines parts that need to be processed by outside vendors due to machine capabilities and workload
- Establish specific measures that define and support the team and broader goals of the value stream.
- Challenge and encourage team members to learn and grow and support purposeful cross-training.
- Engage in positive and productive communication with all areas of the business, both within the new equipment and aftermarket value streams.
EDUCATION: Associate Degree in engineering, business-related discipline, or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Five years in manufacturing operations environment, and application of Lean Principles in a high-mix low-volume Machine Shop (“Job Shop”) with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated creative and effective problem-solving; able to identify and implement solutions that address root cause, in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of Lean principles.
- Conflict management and resolution skills; able to facilitate conversation and dialogue to produce positive outcomes.
- Proactive and results driven
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office, Infor XA/MAPICS with ability to learn new software quickly.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and with all levels of the organization
- Ability to make sound decisions and take appropriate actions demonstrating a strong commitment to internal and external customers
- Mechanical aptitude for understanding and using machines or tools
- Experience with machine shop equipment, including manual machining practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Project management experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those performed in the job duties. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, use both close and vision distance, sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with arms/hands and uses hands to handle objects, tools, or controls. The individual may be required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BW Flexible Systems ID:uDnQdo