Machine Tech 1 – 2nd shift
The Machine Technician 1 is responsible for manufacturing product by operating and maintaining equipment and processes that provide optimum customer service. This position is reserved for Machine Technicians at the entry level. Also responsible for enhancing the department’s safety, quality and productivity as well as assisting Facilitator as required.
This position will be responsible for knowing and implementing all area specific compliance issues, including safety, quality, environmental, and MT/plant policies. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects as required. This position will also require working with maintenance to complete monthly PM’s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check production schedule and verify proper production run for the day.
- Make up and label boxes according to daily production goals.
- Set up blade cutters and cut correct parts for welders.
- Repair machines as needed when possible or bring maintenance in to make repairs.
- Sort and check boxes that come back from ability works.
- Change filters in dust collectors.
- Perform required quality checks on blades supplied to welders.
- Perform quality checks on parts after weld.
- Perform periodic PM’s on machines.
- Cut up scrap as needed.
- Communicate any needs or issues to supervisor.
- Retrieve packaging supplies from inventory.
- Retrieve and document repair parts for machines as needed from Maximo.
- Retrieve scrap bins and move material with forklift and pallet jack.
- Train and monitor new welders as needed.
- Complete all required paperwork and production reports and turn in to supervisor daily.
- Adhere to all safety requirements in the work area
- Adhere to all house keeping policies and schedules.
- Recommend and participate in completion of continuous improvement projects specifically designed to improve processes, productivity and quality, especially those related to corrective actions.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor, including working other shifts as necessary.
- Adhere to 5S in the department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Able to interpret technical data, including drawings and OMS.
- Must be proficient in the use of common inspection and test equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School or GED diploma required.
- Technical certification in Mechanical, Electrical, Automation prefered
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in maintenance, mechanical, or technical field at MT or similar employer.
Physical and Weight Lifting Demands
The physical and weight lifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to 1 hour per day
1 to 2 hours per day
2 to 5 hours per day
6+ hours per day
Reason for Physical Actions
Load, drive and unload forklift
Manually handle items
As required to pick up manually handle items; turn from side to side to view load
Push / Pull
As required to pick up boxes of parts or finished goods
Climb (stairs, ladders)
Climbing on and off the forklift; to access top level of facility
As required to assemble, inspect, or pack product
To place frames on fixtures or move product
Boxes; forklift controls
Load and unload boxes of products and parts
Rapid work speed
To keep production lines moving
Load and unload boxes of finished products and parts
To determine accurate counts of finished products
As required to communicate w/in cell
Able to work in various temperatures
Amount of Weight
Reason for Action
Up to 40 pounds
To move product
Personal Protective Equipment
To protect eyes
To protect feet
To protect hands
To protect hearingID:uDnQdo