Machine Tech II
Warren CAT Power Systems
TEAM UP WITH US!
The Machine Technician II is responsible for providing high quality repair service on equipment, in order to respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and re-do metric.
- Work safely and follow all WCAT safety policies and procedures.
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web, STW) accurately and timely.
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments.
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments.
- Apply general failure analysis and procedures to determine proper diagnosis.
- Adhere to all company policies
- Complete all Level I & Level II assigned training in a timely and proficient manner.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training;
- In depth knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, lap tops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment.
- Ability to provide accurate information to management for quoting.
- Able to mentor Machine team members
- Must be able to obtain or currently possess adequate tooling to perform duties.
- Must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field vehicle.
- Successfully complete Work Steps assessment
- Will be certified prior to operating a forklift and/or man lift
- May be required to complete DOT physical
- May require MSHA certification Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be certified in air-conditioning
- Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work, required overtime and on call
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 20%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Keywords: mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic, diesel mechanicID:uDnQdo