Machining & Sheet Metal Manufacturing Planner – 2nd Shift (Associate or Mid-Level)
Machining & Sheet Metal Manufacturing Planner - 2nd Shift (Associate or Mid-Level)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Auburn, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is looking to hire Associate and Mid-Level Machining & Sheet Metal Manufacturing Planners, located in Auburn, WA. These individuals will serve as contributors to help support the implementation and sustainment of new and existing build plans that significantly impact the quality and cost performance of the program. This role will require individuals that are capable of adapting to a dynamic team with critical deliverables and urgent factory support. They will need to have the ability to collaborate with others while keeping a “think outside the box” mindset.
Our teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including; Associate and Mid-Level Manufacturing Planners.
- Develops, implements, and maintains various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions, and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives.
- Develops and integrates suppliers, processes, materials, data, and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Reviews and approves supplier data to ensure manufacturing-related requirements are met.
- Develops tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Manages tools from initial design to end-of-use disposition.
- Investigates and resolves manufacturing-related issues.
- Performs producibility assessments for part or product designs.
- Provides producibility input to design, manufacturing processes, and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules.
- Develops integrated work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Drafts, updates, and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- 1 or more years experience in a manufacturing production environment.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability and willingness to work second shift.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor, 3 years' related work experience, etc.)
- Mid-Level: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This position is for 2nd shift.
- This is a second shift position, with regular work hours of 2:30PM-11:00PM.
- This is a union-represented position.
- In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range:
Associate (Level 2): $60,350 – $81,650
Mid-Level (Level 3): $69,700 – $94,300
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6H6GI2 (6F1)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)