Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
SUMMARY STATEMENT OF WORK PERFORMED: Performs CNC lathe machining on Plastic and Aluminum components in compliance with established safety regulation and SOIs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the job follow. Management may assign other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
• Operates and maintains lathe and milling machines.
• Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production.
• Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
• Selects appropriate machines and settings for a given task.
• Plans a proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
• Monitors production, adjusting feed and other settings as necessary.
• Maintains the inventory of completed products.
• Checks output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects.
• Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
• Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
MACHINERY, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Various hand tools (wrenches, saws, drills, hammers, etc.)
- CNC Lathe
- Electric grinder
- Powered industrial trucks and lifts
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Self-motivated and team oriented
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in math
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally sit, bend, stoop, climb and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (up to 2 hours/8 hour day)
- Frequently use hands and fingers to handle; reach with hands and arms; walk; stand; talk and hear (up to 6 hours/8 hours day)
- Possess close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus required.
- The physical effort typically applied in this job includes (applicable boxes are checked):
- Safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection are required.
- The ambient temperature level can exceed 100 degrees in the summer months.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
2 years of CNC Lather experience required
NOTE: Because jobs change, management reserves the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.ID:uDnQdo