Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
Performs basic machining processes and learn more complex processes. Equipment likely to include 5-axis CNC creep feed grinders, conventional EDMs, and 5-axis turn/mills. Machinists planned to be cross-trained to run these varying types of machines and be responsible for multiple machines running simultaneously.
Under direct supervision:
- Learn all aspects of machining equipment to produce components as required by written instructions
- Change, set and adjust precision tools as required
- Load and delete programs in the computer
- Learn the machinability of metals.
- Learn to make minor adjustments of feeds and speeds on the assigned machine.
- Learn to grind own cutting tools and drills (other than special purpose tools).
- Maintain specific tolerances and accurately perform dimensions.
- Assist in checking parts using specified gages or check parts using furnished fixtures to see that dimensions are being maintained.
- Learn about improper machine function and how to check parts not being held to the proper dimensions.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Follow all applicable safety rules and precautions.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Adheres to all Core Values (Health and Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Development of People, Integrity, Corporate Citizenship, Continuous Improvement, Respect).
Adheres to all Core Competencies (Communication, Teamwork, Achieving Results, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Judgement).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or 1 year of relevant experience
- Able to read, write, and speak in standard English
- Have the knowledge of and/or the ability to learn shop geometry and trigonometry.
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.
This position will train and permanently fill a 2nd shift role on a 4-10 work schedule. Monday-Thursday, 10 hours per day.