Machinist III, 1st Shift (onsite)
Country:United States of America
Location:A06: York - Aerospace 2800 Division Avenue, York, NE, 68467 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Our Collins Aerospace York, NE site is a manufacturer of highly engineered precision components supporting both commercial and military customers. Manufactured components are used primarily in generators and Ram Air Turbines (RAT) used for aircraft emergency power generation. Our Ram Air Turbines save lives, over 2,500 lives.
Collins York is looking for a motivated and energetic person to join our 1st shift operation. All work is done in a clean, climate controlled facility where we put safety and quality first in everything we do.
The work associated with this position will be performed onsite in York, NE.
*External candidates will receive a sign-on bonus of $3,500.
Relocation is available if specific qualifications are met.
- Operate CNC lathes, mills, grinders and other specialized CNC and manual equipment and/or perform finish work and marking of piece parts in various stages of production.
- Machinist will be expected to set-up and run machines on a wide variety of operations involving multiple machines that convert raw materials to precision semi-finished goods within print tolerance specification.
- Required to obtain inspection certification through on-the-job training & testing.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, in the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 4 years of relevant experience.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- 3 years of experience operating CNC Machines, including setup.
- Experience with measurement equipment, i.e. gauges, calipers, etc.
- Experience with basic hand tools.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn and use multiple computer applications (including email, internet, and other job-specific applications).
- Basic math skills, including adding and subtracting decimals
- Experience reading, interpreting, and following blueprints.
Collins Aerospace, an RTX business, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo