Machinist – M&E
North Kansas City, MO
- $34.31 per hour, and an additional shift differential
- 401(k) fully matched up to the first 3%
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 3 PM.
- Regular Overtime, paid 1.5x, Saturday 1.5x, Sunday 2x pay, Holiday Pay 2.5x.
- Increase at 6, 12 and 18 months.
- Overtime is paid after 8 hours of work at 1.5x, Holiday pay is at 2.5x, Weekend, Sunday and 7th day pay incentives.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing diagnostics and repairs on the mechanical and electrical systems of the plant's machines and equipment, including but not limited to hydraulic, steam, and chemical piping systems. In addition, be required to inspect equipment and diagnose malfunctions through preventive maintenance plans, analyze equipment failures, and assist in determining root causes. A successful applicant will be responsible for working safely and efficiently as possible in our continuous operation facilities.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical machine failures by disassembly and inspection of components.
· Utilizing technical documentation (prints, manuals, specifications, etc.) to aid in troubleshooting. Accurately keeping maintenance records of critical and quality-related plant equipment.
· Determining root cause of failure and correcting condition to prevent reoccurrence.
· Auditing the maintenance program and identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement.
· Repairing failure using current procedures and recommend alternative methods of repair.
· Developing, documenting, and performing preventive and predictive maintenance tasks to maximize equipment reliability. Generating out-of-tolerance reports, when required, for equipment found outside of acceptance criteria.
· Performing precision maintenance tasks such as alignment checks, measurement of mechanical clearances, and balancing of rotating equipment.
· Executing Motor and Plant lubrication tasks. Ensuring that grease quantity and intervals are maintained within appropriate guidelines. Maintaining procedures for critical and quality-related plant equipment.
· Understanding and complying with all OSHA, state/provincial, and local codes. Participate in plant training and safety programs.
· Use Company computerized maintenance management system (SAP) to record and access maintenance-related information.
· Demonstrating safe work habits and proper care for tools and equipment.
· Performing other duties as required.
· Acquiring new mechanical, pneumatics and hydraulics knowledge as appropriate.
· Ability to work in potentially loud and odorous environments, different physical environments , or in various weather conditions
· Must be able to move about in the processing areas and be able to do the following: lift and carry 50 pounds, stand and walk for sustained periods; climb stairs and ladders; bend; reach; push; pull and enter tanks
Position type and expected hours of work: Full time position, be willing to work any day of the week, an off shift and/or rotating shifts as applicable or assigned. Overtime may be required.
Education and experience:
· High school diploma or GED required or equivalent combination of industrial maintenance experience and education
· Technical training in accredited technical school or equivalent, with certification in one or more of the following: industrial math, rigging, industrial maintenance, welding, pipefitting, machining, lubrication, condition based monitoring, a plus
· Must have completed a formal maintenance or technology program and must have minimum experience of three years in a general first-class maintenance capacity in an industrial environment. Some electrical and control systems troubleshooting experience is necessary as well.
· Basic electrical knowledge or experience with AC/DC voltage
· Knowledge of PLCs and VFDs
· Must be able to complete pre-employment assessments required
· Must be able to pass a background check for education, work history, and criminal record
· Must be able to successfully pass a physical and drug screen as applicable by local government
· Knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and repairs of common mechanical systems found in an industrial manufacturing facility. Previous experience with one ore more of the following: conveyors (screw, drag, belt), centrifugal pumps, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, material handling systems, or boiler/steam systems, preferred.
· Ability to read and understand labels, blueprints, schematics, job site maps/directions, instruction manuals and/or written instructions accurately.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
· Read, write, and speak in English and work in a team environment
· Computer literate with prior experience with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), SAP experience a plus
· Able to develop and apply mechanical/problem solving skills, preferred
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and Food Safety, a plus
· Understanding of OSHA rules
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please inform us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Relocation Available:No ID:uDnQdo