Union Electric Steel Corp.
Union Electric Steel Corporation is seeking a JOURNEYMAN MACHINIST for our Valparaiso, IN manufacturing plant to set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision products. Candidates must be capable of maintaining industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, layout, and machining procedures as well as provide your Journeyman Machinist card/certificate.
Day Shift Position with Overtime as needed.
To lay out work, set up and operate machine tools and perform any dismantling, fitting and assembly work required for production, plant maintenance or construction. Also operates all types of equipment on production.
Tools and Equipment:
All usual types of machines and hand tools common to the trade as well as tool and cutter grinders, etc.
Castings, forgings, cutters, tools and rolled forms of brass, iron, steel, etc.
1. Receives instructions, prints and work order.
2. Interprets drawings and sketches; plans and determines working procedure.
3. Performs any layout work and makes sketches as required.
4. Calculates and determines dimensions, tapers, indices and other data using shop formulae and hand books as necessary.
5. Selects and grinds tools, various cutters, boring heads, gauges, etc., in accordance with hardness, machinability and other properties of parts to be machined.
6. Procures or makes jigs, fixtures or machine attachments required for the job.
7. Sets up and operates machine tools, adjusting stops, feeds and speeds for efficient machining.
8. Machines rolls or parts to precision tolerances and specified finishes.
9. Uses precision measuring instruments. Dismantles machinery and equipment, assembles fits, aligns and adjusts machinery and equipment to very close tolerance.
10. Hooks for and directs crane for product, material or equipment movement as required.
11. Maintains clean and orderly working area and sweeps as required.
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Equal Employment Opportunities will be given to all applicants regardless of their race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, non-job related physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, Protected Veteran Status, and Disability
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hiresID:uDnQdo