Maint Prod Coordinator
General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems
The Maintenance/Production Coordinator will be responsible for administering overtime assignments, maintaining attendance records and files, coordinating personnel decisions, and assisting in the preparation of reports within production and maintenance departments.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Administers work assignments and schedules overtime as needed by Production and Maintenance Leadership.
- Checks and maintains attendance records in accordance with the labor/management agreement.
- Maintains, inputs, and sorts the data and information from production control records and CMMs.
- Coordinates all production and maintenance shop personnel actions with the Human Resources Department
- Creates, classifies, and maintains records and files in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Supports continuous improvement teams by taking, typing, and distributing minutes, running Pareto analysis, creating charts, following up suspenses, etc.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of statistical or technical papers, documents, reports, and/or manuals
- Releases and monitors maintenance work orders
- Insures the validity of WIP production data via cycle counts, work order reconciliation, and other appropriate methods.
- Provides management and production supervision with accurate and timely production data via reports and other written/non-written communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The following qualifications must be met:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in Materials Control or Inventory.• Language Skills (ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrates ability to communicate orally or written form effectively with Co-workers and departments).• Mathematical Skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.• Reasoning Skills (with minimal supervision, demonstrate the ability to solve practical problems, interpret, resolving problems and issues using a variety of instructions or guides furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.)• Teamwork (actively participate in department/shift/team meetings).• Exceptional written and verbal communication: the ability to work and interact with staff and departments throughout the organization.• Must be pro-active and a self-motivating individual contributor; highly computer illiterate; experience working in a cross-functional work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions