Maintenance & Calibration Technician (1st shift)
Job DescriptionAdvanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, is an innovative medicines company focused on the development of products for targeted radioligand therapy and precision radioligand imaging. We are committed to transforming patients’ lives by leading innovation in nuclear medicine.
AAA offers professionals the opportunity to face new challenges and pursue a career in a fast growing, technology driven healthcare company. We are passionate about improving patient health by leading innovation in nuclear medicine. We are looking for people who share our commitment to help us achieve this goal. Advanced Accelerator Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Maintenance & Calibration Technician performs all maintenance functions on production and facilities equipment and calibration activities on process /facilities equipment.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform a wide range of maintenance repair activities on production equipment, central utilities systems, lab equipment and building management systems.
• Troubleshoot problems in the event of instrument failure and be able to recommend parts needed for the effective repair.
• Assist manufacturing and facilities personnel in troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis on process and utility equipment for improving reliability.
• Ensuring good workmanship with minimum delay; support the safe and effective operation of the plant and the facility.
• Must be able to perform with no instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
• Initiate and participate in documented troubleshooting studies on equipment to outline opportunities for improvements.
• Programs Changes that Repair/Optimize Equipment
* Performs Repairs to Bring Equipment Back in Service
* Completes PM’s on Schedule
* Completes Equipment Work Order Thoroughly, and Accurately and Documents them in the System• Provide radiation safety program support, responsible for calibration and functionality of all radiation detection equipment
• Work with Procurement for procuring spare parts and equipment in line with established processes, ensuring availability for planned maintenance and unplanned repair
• Support and/or perform investigations / deviations from an engineering/maintenance perspective and help with data for timely closure of deviations and CAPAs ; Adhere to all applicable procedures, cGMPs, company policies and any other quality or regulatory requirements. (For example: OSHA, DEA, FDA, EMEA, ANVISA, HS&E, etc.); Perform other duties as assigned
Please note: Multiple positions are available with different areas of focus - Instrumentation, Electrical and Facilities/Utilities. This position may involve shift work which will be defined through site start up and commercialization readiness. Weekend and/or night shift work may be required.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $69,300.00 and $103,900.00 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Minimum requirements• Associate Degree and 5+ years hands-on plant maintenance experience in a regulated facility or 6-8 years relevant experience in lieu of degree is required.
• Must be able to adhere to all applicable procedures, cGMPs, company policies and any other quality or regulatory requirements. (For example: OSHA, DEA, FDA, EMEA, ANVISA, HS&E, etc.)
• Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Basic knowledge of control system programming, CMMS systems and architecture.
• Must be willing to work in clean room environments.
• Familiarity with PLC control systems and instrumentation buss technologies.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and P&IDs.
• Good understanding of GMPs with experience in pharmaceutical environment preferred. Experience in regulated industry a plus.
• Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Why Advanced Accelerator Applications?
Thousands of people die of cancer around the world every day. At Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, our mission is to transform lives through radioligand therapy in nuclear medicine to fight several leading types of cancer. How will we continue to be on the cutting edge of medicine? We believe new groundbreaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working. We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network.
EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.