Make a +Difference at Kraton!
At Kraton, we make a Positive Difference, and we are looking for individuals who are also looking to make a difference in their jobs, for our customers and to the world. We are looking to hire a key member of our maintenance team at our Belpre, Ohio location.
The Maintenance Engineer is on the frontline of a manufacturing plant and deals with all equipment maintenance. As a maintenance engineer you'll be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery
- Technical resource to minimize repair downtime, ensure repairs are robust, and partner with Reliability and Operations to provide proactive repair guidance.
- Supporting the Maintenance team, facilitating the efficient execution of the Maintenance Work Process.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance related documentation and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Participate on and with site Reliability teams.
- Serve as a technical resource for plant maintenance to Projects, Operations, and Reliability.
- Coach and mentor others on Maintenance principles.
- Act as a technical contact for third-party engineering support and vendors as appropriate.
- Frequent use and application of basic technical standards, principles, theories and concepts.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope by following standardized practices and follows established procedures.
- Able to complete process studies and assignments.
- Contributes to the completion of routine technical tasks.
- Monitors project status and ensure that project activity and progress is effectively communicated.
- Responsible for ensuring individual efforts support departmental budgetary goals.
- Identifies opportunities for cost and efficiency improvement.
- Three to five years of experience in a petrochemical plant in Reliability or Maintenance Engineering support.
- Root Cause Analysis, knowledge of and capability to use systematic and problem-solving tools.
- Quickly and effectively learns new technology .
- Ability to work in a strong collaborative, multidiscipline, and team environment.
- Capable of understanding complex analysis for trouble shooting.
- Capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures.
- Business skills, as you may be responsible for managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.
- People-management skills with the ability to lead and motivate others.
- The ability to negotiate with, and persuade others.
- The confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
- SAP proficiency preferred.
Education, Certifications & Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical preferred).
- Six Sigma Certification preferred.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kraton’s internal talent acquisition team manages our recruiting efforts and from time to time works with pre-selected/pre-approved external staffing agencies. We do NOT accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and/or agencies who are not pre-selected/pre-approved.
Kraton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.