Maintenance Generalist B Shift – Portland, ME
We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires. The bonus is paid out in increments, $1000 following the completion of 1st week, $1500 following the completion of 90 days, $1000 following the completion of 6 months, $1500 following the completion of 1 year. Rehires are eligible for the bonus after 1 year of separation.
If you are looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us at Tyson Foods where we are raising the world’s expectations for how much good food can do! We create quality products in a safe environment for our team members. We offer great benefits and competitive pay. This facility operates five days a week and produces Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breast products.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing all equipment and company assets while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies and procedures.
This position is scheduled for B shift. B shift is the weekend night shift. It is scheduled Friday and Saturday from 1:30 pm to 2AM, and Sundary from 5 PM to 5:30 AM. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Preventively maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and alters defective equipment.
- Provides maintenance on complex production equipment.
- Responsible for controlling inventory and requisitioning appropriate parts.
- Performs maintenance checks on buildings and equipment.
- Maintains electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Operate industrial equipment (skyjack, forklift, boomlift).
- Complies with company safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Performs general equipment repair and installation of safety equipment when necessary.
- Teams with production staff to encourage proper use and care of all equipment.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tag out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Comply with all safety, food safety, GMP and SQF Requirements
- Must be willing to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 100 pounds.
- Effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform any other work as assigned by supervisor
- Must have a minimum of (1) year of mechanic work experience documented in the work history section of the application or be graduate of an industrial maintenance training program. (can be a combination of employers as long as experience is at least 1 year)
- Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
This facility accepts rehires who have worked for Tyson two (2) times or less after ninety (90) days from date of last termination. Tyson reserves the right to refuse rehires based on reason for termination. All applicants must provide a government identification number for the purpose of checking rehire eligibility.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
B Shift (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.ID:uDnQdo