Maintenance Generalist MG01 (IIDC) (2)
Maintenance Generalist MG01
If you are looking to make an impact on a meaningful scale, come join us as we raise the world's expectations of what good food can do!
- Health and Life Insurance starting on your first day!
- Free Education starting your first day on 175-degree programs!
- Free Telemedicine Visits
- Citizenship Assistance
- 401k and Stock Options
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Earned Time Off
- And Much Much More! (See below)
Safety is always FIRST with Tyson Foods and at Tyson all Team Members are expected to practice safety standards, policies, and procedures. As part of our ongoing commitment to safety we provide all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and Boot Reimbursement after completing your probationary period!
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing all equipment and
company assets, the building, and grounds while maintaining a safe work environment and
adhering to Tyson policies and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
- Changing batteries using the battery changing machine
- Maintaining and servicing Crown Forklifts
- Cleaning and painting the building as part of general building maintenance
- Preventative maintenance on all equipment using required PPE
- Logging Preventative Maintenance (PMs) in SAP
- Completing monthly trainings – This position requires reaching level 4 of training within the first 14 months.
- Management and clean up with chemical and hazmat spills
- Maintaining and servicing shag trucks
- Answering service calls
- Ordering parts as needed
- Troubleshooting issues
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Keep up with communication via Radio, Teams, and Email
- Other duties as assigned
- Education- No requirements, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) are a plus.
- Computers are used a lot for this job so while computer proficiency isn’t a requirement, it is a plus.
- Experience with SAP, Welding, Powered Tools, Forklifts and Powered Industrial Trucks, Diesel engines, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, hydraulics, pneumatics, compressed air tools, and mechanics are a major plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly exposed to extreme cold.
- Temperatures in the warehouse vary from -5°F to 36°F. You may be occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. May be required to work outside for extended times and in inclement weather.
- May stand for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours)
- May spend extended time going up and down ladders and stairs.
- May spend extended time at elevated heights.
- During your work shift, which consist of 12 hours, you must be willing to move around the work area at a fast pace and willing to bend, squat, lift, push, pull up to 40 pounds as part of efficiently completing the job tasks.
This location does not accept rehires at this time.
This position is for: *Shift availability determined at time of offer*
May be required to work alternate shifts from time to time to meet business needs.
A Shift Sunday - Tuesday 6AM~6PM, Wednesday 6AM~12PM
B Shift Sunday - Tuesday 6PM~6AM, Wednesday 6PM~12AM
C Shift Wednesday 12PM~6PM, Thursday - Saturday 6AM~6PM
D Shift Wednesday 12AM~6AM, Thursday - Saturday 6PM~6AM
E Shift Friday – Sunday 6AM-6PM
F Shift Friday – Sunday 6PM-6AM
- Voluntary and Company Paid Life and Disability Insurances
- Full Medical, Vision, Dental, and Prescription Insurance
- Protection Pack (Roadside Assistance, Identity Theft, Financial Advice, and Global Travel Assistance)
- Health Savings and Flex Spend Accounts
- Boot Reimbursement
- Commuter Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Free Mental Health Services
- Wellness Services
- Free Chaplain Services
- Discounts on thousands of programs and services through Beneplace
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Voluntary Legal Assistance
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.ID:uDnQdo