Maintenance Lead 4M
Master Woodcraft Cabinetry, LLC
Maintenance Technician A - Lead
Cabinetworks Group located in Middlefield, OH is looking for a 3rd shift Maintenance Lead. This shift is Monday thru Thursday, 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to enhance their maintenance knowledge base and developing leadership skills.
What’s attractive about the Maintenance Technician role?
We offer market-competitive compensation. We offer employees paid time off to refresh and recharge. Our benefits package is designed to enrich your life at work and includes the following benefits:
- Blue Cross – Blue Shield Health Care
- Competitive Dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending accounts
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- 401K with Company match to help towards your RETIREMENT Savings
- Paid holidays annually
- Tuition Assistance for continuing education
- Discount Programs
- Earned Personal Days
- Cabinet Product Discounts
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Cell phone discounts
- Discounts on fitness apps and facilities
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Wellness Programs, Resources and Tools
With limited supervision, Maintenance Technician A Lead (ML4M) performs duties listed in the Maintenance Technician A (1M) classification as well as providing leadership and work direction to other technicians on their designated shift. They possess the skillset and desire to lead, coach, and provide paths for improvement for all Maintenance Department personnel while continuing to develop their skills to meet the needs of the company.
The Tech also completes tasks such as PMs (Preventative Maintenance) in a timely fashion in accordance with published schedules. Primary functions focus on emergency repair and maintenance of production equipment and /or facilities and support if working a production shift. If working a weekend shift, the focus will be on equipment PMs, larger equipment overhauls and tasks that can only be performed with production not running.
This position requires the ability to troubleshoot electrical machine control malfunctions, repair complex electrical equipment including motors, switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
This is accomplished by working from schematics, drawings, layouts and equipment manuals along with utilizing meters, PLC faults and equipment Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- Performs a wide variety of functions such as installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment designed for the wood working industry such as boring and sanding equipment, fluid distribution systems, automated spray booths, curing ovens and conveyors involving AC/DC motors, pumps, drives, inverters, gearboxes, PLCs and HMIs
- Demonstrates the ability to prevent equipment down time through observation, communication with production staff and maintenance leadership. Assists engineers in diagnosing problems and suggests corrective action. Contributes in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
- Leads by example with coaching, assisting and supporting other team members in meeting department and site goals as well as being the primary point of contact on equipment downtime calls and / or major PM repairs.
- Continuously reviewing current processes and searching out improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Communicates and documents all work performed in Limble CMMS, in compliance with work order process guidelines.
- Improvising acceptable fixes to get equipment running promptly.
- Consistently works in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems. Complies with applicable OSHA regulations, Cabinetworks Group H&S policies and EPA regulations.
- Performing general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within the department/group and assists other areas as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or certifications in a technical/manufacturing field a definite plus
- 5+ Years’ experience in a heavy mechanical / electrical manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong background involving AC/DC motors, pumps, drives, inverters, gearboxes, PLC and HMIs
- Knowledge of TPM / Lean or other continuous improvement processes.
- Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs.
- Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) trained or willing to become trained.
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication.
- Proficient reading technical documents, drawings, and schematics.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a highly participating work system.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be motivated towards productivity improvements, safety and quality awareness.
Requires lifting, carrying, and pushing, pulling weight up to 75 lbs. occasionally, average weight is 1 lb. – 50 lbs. frequently.
Work at a swift and steady pace. Critical and physical demands are reaching, pushing, pulling, walking, standing, trunk turning and twisting.
Must be capable of working outside in all weather conditions.
Must have sufficient hand eye coordination to manage precise movements.
Alertness is necessary during all aspects of job duties and safety.
Long and short-term memory is needed for procedures and work processes.
Individuals need to be able to work in a team setting and must be able to interact with other co-workers.
Must have the ability to learn and comprehend detailed instructions.
Must have the ability to make good decisions under stress of high production requirements.
Level of Proficiency
A working knowledge of department safety, quality and operational procedures, training manuals and company policies and procedures is required.
Employees must understand various types of environmental and machining processes, which might result in non-conformance to company, EPA or OSHA compliance.
Attendance and Work Schedule
Daily attendance and punctuality must be maintained.
Absenteeism will cause hardship to other team members.
Overtime is determined on a daily basis according to production schedules and workload.
Overtime is communicated as needed. Workload is per production schedule with departments’ specific standards.
There is one 15-minute break, a 30-minute lunch and one additional 10-minute break.
Shift Schedules – 1st shift, 3rd shift and Weekend shift.
Weekday shift schedule is 10 hours per day, 4 days per week, Monday thru Thursday.
Weekend shift schedule is 12 hours per day, 3 days per week, Friday thru Sunday.
ShiftShift 3 (United States of America)
Full or Part TimeFull time
Cabinetworks Group (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Cabinetworks Group is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish