Maintenance Lead Technician
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Lead Technician
Job Summary: EMCOR Facilities Services has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Site Lead in Bethesda, MD. The Site Lead will report daily (Tue – Sat, 6:00am – 2:30pm) to the EMCOR Facility Manager and provide quality service and high work standards to maintain a professional working environment. This position is responsible for the overall operation of the project/contract to include the safety and wellbeing of its employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally represents the company with respect to the client. Provides leadership and technical solutions for all facility management issues at the Client’s Center for Leadership Excellence. Work with and assisting in directing a workforce of technicians and painting crew in a variety of activities in the management of a “Four Star facility”, hotel and conference center. Ensures that established company goals are realized while maintaining client relations that will enhance future business and total responsibility for managing all aspects of the contract. Promotes the interest of EMCOR as a whole, acts within the frame work of EMCOR’s principles and corporate policies and facilitates the work of other 3rd party vendors on campus. Must possess an extremely high level of customer service and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with the Facility Manager and 2nd shift maintenance lead about the 1st shift details to determine service needs and ensure all business hours activities are shared with the leadership team. This is a 1st shift maintenance lead position that will coordinates and assist directing 1st shift employees, painting staff along with client sub-contractors while performing service on site. Responsible for filling in for the Facility Manager when necessary and attending client meeting during this time.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to proactively identify potential problems or opportunities, analyze issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives and arrive at the optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
- Organization skills to maintain the client facility maintenance records and reports.
- Experience utilizing computerized maintenance management system, Building automation systems and managing subcontracts or vendors.
- Assist the FM in staff management by providing feedback to include recommendations for the following: disciplinary action, hiring, terminating, and performance appraisals. Utilizing a strong technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to prioritize, assign, track and trend equipment history.
- Act as a hands-on working lead tech with the ability to complete various types of general maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and painting tasks as required while overseeing a small crew of employees.
- Maintains 24x7 operations of all critical building support systems (HVAC, Electrical, Power Plant support, etc), Develops, plans, and implements annual shut down program for preventative maintenance activities that are required to be completed after hours.
- HS diploma, Skilled Certifications or Degree a plus.
- 3-5 years’ of progressive lead experience in managing maintenance, operation, and/or construction services for facilities, utilities, or infrastructure.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
- Ability to perform various general type maintenance tasks. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence utilizing basic computer skills and ability to communicate via email and internet use.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in a high level executive atmosphere. Consistent demonstration of the ability to proactively identify potential problems or opportunities, analyze issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives and arrive at the optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
- Experience utilizing computerized maintenance management system, Working knowledge of purchasing and/or utilizing and managing subcontracts or vendors.
- Staff management experience should include: disciplinary action, hiring, terminating, and performance appraisals.
- Microsoft experience: Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Organization skills to maintain the client facility maintenance records and reports. Technical knowledge of industrial electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to prioritize, assign, track and trend equipment history. Writes and modifies maintenance work orders to improve equipment performance.
- Maintains 24x7 operations of all critical building support systems (HVAC, Electrical, Power Plant support, etc), Develops, plans, and implements annual shut down program for preventative maintenance activities, Manages all aspects of the contract with the client.
Physical Demands: The ability to lift 50lbs, climb ladders and ability to walk the facility throughout the day are required. Have the ability to regularly kneel repetitively during shift. Have the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis. Have the ability to work and maneuver on a variety of terrains. Have the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress. Have the ability to perform snow removal activities such as shoveling for extended periods. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work Environment: This is a corporate headquarters facility with a hotel/conference center. The work areas can range from executive office suites, hotel rooms, conference center, outdoors to mechanical rooms. Must poses excellent customer service skills and maintain a professional appearance at all times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high precarious places; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. We are also responsible for snow removal and there are times in the Winter season when most of the day is spent outdoors in cold/snow conditions. Must be willing to work overtime when required. Must be willing to work holidays and weekends when scheduled.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled