Kraft Heinz Company
Mason City, IA
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
- Assures the safe execution of all maintenance and utility activities, demands that all plant activities are conducted following all safety procedures
- Champions safety as the first consideration of all employees/contractors and promotes a safe work environment through own behaviors
- Maintains facility and assets to meet regulatory guidelines e.g. USDA, FDA, OSHA, and EPA
- Optimizes costs through effective budget planning and management and maintains a cost effective approach toward asset management and minimizing loss and waste
- Optimizes the Availability and safe operation of production assets through appropriate predictive and preventative maintenance and safe and effective execution of corrective maintenance and projects
- Coordinates major maintenance and project requirements with manufacturing production and engineering, to include major downtime activities and downtime periods and supports the effort to identify opportunities and develop the Plant’s Capital Budget
- Trains maintenance staff on effective maintenance practices, including effective use of the computerized maintenance management system, problem solving tools, risk and failure analysis, maintenance scheduling and analysis of maintenance related data and equipment histories
- Sets and evaluates departmental goals and objectives through a collaborative effort with maintenance departmental supervision, factory leadership team, Regional Reliability Managers and the Engineering Manager
- Conducts special studies as assigned or self-initiated to improve departmental services, equipment reliability and factory operations or satisfy external requirements
- Provides direction to the operation and maintenance of the Utilities (Air, Steam, Water, Nitrogen, Ammonia, etc) and Wastewater facilities to assure they meet production demands
- Shares Best Maintenance Practices with other Kraft Heinz maintenance professionals by participating in semi-annual forums and establishing contacts for regular communication
- Ensure parts availability in the MRO stockroom to minimize equipment downtime while balancing economic maintenance inventory management
- Assist with evaluating reliability, utility, facility, production and packaging needs for Capital Equipment
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the Quality Risk Management Process (QRMP) system and operational standards as outlined in the factory’s QRMP accountability list
- Partner with business leaders on implementation of equipment and manufacturing reliability, process improvements (Six Sigma / Lean) including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation of improvement project(s) completion
- Manage and evaluate the Maintenance staff including but not limited to performance management, employee improvement and employee development plans, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by Plant Manager to support the facility
- Bachelor’s Degree required; focus in Engineering or related technical field highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ leadership experience within a manufacturing environment required
- 5+ years of maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment required
- Extensive knowledge including but not limited to the following areas: Packaging/Mechanical Operations, Electrical maintenance, Instrumentation, Electronics/Controls, and Utility Systems, as well as boiler and ammonia refrigeration
- Interpersonal and communications skills to motivate, empower, train, direct, lead, evaluate and coach a diverse group of team members to reach their fullest potential
- Ability to effectively plan and manage through change within large enterprise organizations
- Microsoft Office and CMMS experience and proficiency required
- Ability to manage a continuous operation (24 hrs, 7 days per week)