Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd Shift
Bake'n Joy Foods, Inc.
North Andover, MA
Family owned and operated, Bake’n Joy Foods, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of top-quality bakery products that began over eighty years ago in 1941. We manufacture a variety of products for professional bakers including frozen scoop batters, predeposited muffin, cornbread, loaf cakes and Boston Coffee Cakes, mixes as well as an expanding line of fully baked items such as coffee cakes, loaf cakes and more. We remain committed to providing top quality products, service, and value to our customers.
Title: Maintenance Mechanic Department: Maintenance
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt EEO Code:
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor Effective Date: July 2022
Summary of Position:
Maintains repairs and replaces all types of production equipment, which includes mechanical, servo mechanical, electric, pneumatic and electronic control systems.
Schedule: 11:00pm - 7:30am
Essential Job Duties:
- Understand all safety rules and procedures and follow them at all times.
- Maintain all processing equipment.
- Set up processing lines.
- Trouble-shoot as required.
- Maintain a high standard of preventative maintenance and any other task deemed reasonable and safe by the Company.
- Maintain all processing equipment
- Set-up processing lines and troubleshoot as required.
- Maintain a high standard of preventative maintenance and any other task deemed reasonable and safe by the company.
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floor for prolonged periods
- Frequent bending, lifting and twisting for extended periods of time
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment when necessary (hair net, beard net, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- High school education or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience working with HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical/pneumatic drawings
- Stick welding, TIG and MIG welding skills is a plus
- High pressure boiler license required
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include nights and weekends
- Forklift/truck experience and classroom certification
- PLC knowledge preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment effectively.