Benton Harbor, MI
Join our team as an experienced mechanic. This individual is responsible for completing advanced mechanical and electrical repairs, make adjustments as needed, and have an advanced understanding of both mechanical and electrical maintenance with the ability to troubleshoot problems. The ideal candidate must possess in-depth multi-trade knowledge with the ability to complete work with little or no direction, in an efficient and safe manner throughout the facility. The role may be asked to perform basic machining. A successful candidate is a self-motivated problem-solver that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all maintenance quality levels are met.
- Performs advanced preventative maintenance on all machinery as assigned.
- Makes advanced repairs and adjustments to mechanical and electrical devices.
- Successfully troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems.
- May perform basic machining duties.
- Completes welding and fabrication tasks with little direction.
- Accountable for entering data into maintenance system timely and accurately.
- Initiates and installs improvement projects.
- Performs basic failure root cause investigation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, plumbing and code books
- Advanced knowledge of relay logic, AC/DC motor drives, PLC and SLC and motor control circuits, modifies PLC and HMI programming
- Should be capable of reading mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints
- Good problem-solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Advanced workbench and computer skills, PLC basics, wiring PLC, comprehends and writes ladder logic
- Proficient amount of electrical knowledge
- Intermediate math skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Complete knowledge of standard operating procedures
- Education/Training Required
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 plus years of maintenance experience
- May require CPR and First Aid training
- Lockout/Tagout, fall protection, PPE, confined spaces training