Maintenance Mechanic – Eligible up to $1,500 Sign On Bonus
Who we are
For more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.
Through our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we’re leading the charge to a carbon-negative future—reducing, reusing, recycling and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.
Our differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology, facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world’s largest organizations to solve their most pressing environmental challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
All that we’re missing is you. Join us today!!
Diversity, inclusivity, engagement—these are the values that help us foster a strong sense of community within Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides opportunities for growth.
About the role
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for the planned, unplanned, and preventative maintenance tasks required to ensure safe and efficient operational effectiveness of equipment and systems which enable Covanta’s industrial disposal process.
- Effectively complete preventive maintenance tasks per maintenance schedule to prevent breakdowns of equipment and operational downtime
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdown and line stoppages collaborating with various teams and stakeholders
- Prioritize work to ensure timely maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, tools, and utility systems to minimize production downtime and complete all required paperwork and documentation in the company’s computerized maintenance documentation program
- Utilize Covanta’s defined maintenance documentation program to open and close out work orders, check out spare parts, and other activities as required in the plant.
- Repair and/or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as necessary
- Observe and evaluate the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions utilizing mechanical devices
- Review maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities
- Inspect operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety performance standards.
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a heavy industrial/manufacturing environment
- Must have the ability to work a rotating shift schedule
Total Rewards & Compensation:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Day one employee benefits: competitive health insurance options, PTO, retirement savings plan and 401K match
The expected hourly rate for this position is $37.36 - $46.63. This is a good faith estimate of what we expect to pay for this position. The final salary figure will take into account a variety of factors including experience, ability, and location. Covanta is committed to paying its staff equitably, and these ranges should not be considered career salary limits or caps.
Our DEI commitment
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.ID:uDnQdo