The primary responsibilities of this position is to perform basic general and preventive electrical maintenance to on-site company equipment and machines. Candidate must be able to make repairs as needed. Frequent communication with the production supervisors is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The qualified applicant will exhibit broad range electrical and electronic skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot all product equipment in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of three phase wiring and control circuit wiring.
- Must be able to read wiring diagrams.
- Consults with operators to tests machinery and equipment to ensure zero malfunctions.
- Must be able to disassemble machinery to make evaluations on current parts and make repairs.
- Must make sure all parts and equipment are clean and lubricated.
- Make repairs or adjustments so that components of machinery is aligned and operating properly.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Confirm all parts are not experiencing excess wear or breakage and if so take necessary steps to repair or replace.
- Make sure all repaired machines are operating normal before production starts.
- Demonstrate capability to operate and conduct preventative maintenance on wiring and machines.
- Must be able to identify appropriate parts and supplies that are needed to perform the assigned task.
- Perform work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Actively encourage positive employee relations in a multi-language population for understanding and cooperation between management and fellow employees.
- All other related duties as assigned.
To Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note for level:
- Basic: Incumbent is able to use their knowledge/skill with support by more experienced individuals.
- Advanced: Incumbent is able to independently use their knowledge/skill.
- Expert: Incumbent is able to train others on their knowledge/skill.
- Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three years industrial Experience including working with 20/440 Volts
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams
- Must have an understanding automation & controls in an industrial environment
- Must be able to work independently as well as in groups
- Knowledge of electronic equipment such as circuit boards and processors
- PC skills required (MS Office)-Basic
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required- Advanced
- High degree of attention to detail- Advanced
- Excellent Communications skills as frequent communication is required- Advanced
List the supervisory responsibilities the position must perform; include the department or position titles responsible for and the level of authority exercised in performing the responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to enter all areas of the plant and offices.
- Must be able to climb and crawl in confined spaces.
- Must be able to communicate with all level of employees as well as outside vendors and government agencies.
Work environment is predominantly wet and exposed to a variety of odors as well as presenting with hot and cold temperatures. Ice box storage and chilled warehouse conditions may be present with moderate to extreme levels of noise. Safety protection is provided.