Maintenance Mechanic/Fabricator – Dryers
Sunsweet Growers, Inc.
Under direction of the Dryer Manager, Supervisor or Leader, responsible for the installation, modification and preventive/corrective maintenance of Dryer facility equipment and machinery. Capable, with minimum supervision, of responding to and diagnosing equipment & machinery malfunctions or breakdowns, the timing and adjustment of processing and production equipment & machinery, initiating and coordinating required adjustment and/or repairs and preparation of verbal or written reports as requested. Under limited supervision, must be proficient at fabricating sheet metal parts using common sheet metal trade equipment and machinery.
- Working from engineering drawings and/or verbal instructions, installs, relocates, or modifies Dryer facility equipment and
- Working from engineering drawings, sketches and/or verbal instructions, performs sheet metal lay out, measure and mark sheet metal according to drawings and
- Operate metal working machines such as shears, power press, brakes, punches, drill presses, milling machines, lathes, and grinders to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet
- Operate oxyacetylene cutting equipment, MIG, ARC and plasma welding to cut and fabricate parts in support of Dryer operations.
- Grind and buff seams, joints, and rough
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using rivets, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate parts to support Dryer
- Inspect part quality and installation to ensure conformance, safety, and
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and reports on Dryer facility equipment malfunctions and breakdowns.
- Performs initial and routine set-ups, adjustments, and repairs to maintain Dryer equipment and machinery in proper
- Operates Dryer equipment and machinery as assigned to meet Dryer
- Performs, and monitors results of, equipment and machinery with minimum supervision.
- Performs major overhauls of Dryer equipment and machinery with minimum supervision.
- Assist in training and instructing designated personnel in equipment and machinery installation, modification, adjustment, or overhaul
- Keeps work areas, shop, equipment, and tools clean and orderly using common cleaning equipment.
- Assists Dryer Manager/Supervisor and Lead with the identification of required spare parts to ensure a proper working inventory is
- Unloads, relocates, or loads Dryer materials or
- Performs carpentry or concrete work in support of building maintenance or
- Performs forklift
- Completes records as necessary, including daily checklist prior to operating
- Maintains fuel, oil and water in
- Will perform other duties as directed by management
- Follow all Safe Work Procedures for your
- Follow all Operation Alignment Procedures for this
- Work overtime if
- Must wear any PPE provided for your position.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction and
- Must pass forklift
- Must be authorized for Lockout
- Must complete appropriate orientation and training
- Must be able to continuously lift and maneuver
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to be continuously exposed to outside elements for extended periods.
- Able to work cautiously in areas prone to be wet/slippery.
- Must be able to be exposed to high temperatures on a continuous