Maintenance – Refrigeration
Sage V Foods, LLC
Little Rock, AR
Job Summary (Purpose): This position is primarily responsible for preventive/corrective maintenance of the Boilers, Ammonia Compressors, Waste Water system and all related equipment. This position also includes facility, grounds, equipment and related systems. This position also supports our 24/7 Maintenance coverage and candidates must have flexible availability.
Duties & Responsibilities (Major):
- Maintains the following equipment Ammonia refrigeration system, building heating and air conditioning equipment, boiler systems, hot water generator, compressed air systems, building sprinkler systems, and any other supporting equipment as directed by management.
- Perform PMs and repairs on compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipefitters when they are working on the ammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all the company safety policies, and meeting work standards.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
- Ensures continuous operation of all the facility utility systems and peripheral equipment to support the requirements of the production schedule and facility conditions. This requires proper coordination of all operations and maintenance utilities equipment.
- Coordinates both internal and external resources for maintenance of the facility.
- Assists in the development of all environmental programs required from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Assists in the recordkeeping and training requirements for all components of the Process Safety Management/Risk (PSM/RMP management plans to achieve compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Provides technical analysis and services to provide real-time data on the status of refrigeration and operational equipment.
- Assures the ammonia compressors are operating safely and efficiently to reduce energy consumption.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment to maintain in good working condition.
- Troubleshoots electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and plumbing.
- Utilizes drawings, technical records, and vendor diagrams to complete Preventative Maintenance documents (PM’s) related to machine overhauls and repairs.
- Handles maintenance emergencies as required.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
- Maintains clean, organized, and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment and tools; sweeping and mopping floors; trash removal.
- Works to maintain and improve the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for always keeping assigned work area clean and tidy and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience (Minimum Required):
- High school graduate, prefer technical training in electrical, plumbing, HVAC and other building trades areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired):
- Demonstrated building crafts aptitude. Welding experience desirable.
- Boiler operator license or the ability to obtain each within (6) months of employment. HVAC License Preferred.
- Hazwopper Certification preferred. Ability to obtain one through company offered training.
- MS Office applications and familiarity with CMMS software.
- Able to make decisions quickly, detail-oriented and self-directed.
- Communicate and work well with a wide range of people, both internal and external to the plant.