Maintenance Specialist – Convent, LA
Associated Terminals Of Saint Bernard
Essential Job Functions:
- The Rig Maintenance Specialist (RMS) will work jointly with the Crane Manager to ensure compliance with company’s Maintenance Management System (MMS) for assigned
- The RMS must demonstrate the ability to identify and mitigate hazards reducing the risk of personal injury or property damage to any jobs
- The RMS must support and follow all safety policies and procedures in work being
- The RMS is responsible for working with assigned operations team members in ensuring pre-use inspections of assigned equipment are completed as required by the
- The RMS is responsible for maintaining all documentation related to maintenance matters including maintaining the Electronic Maintenance Management System (EMMS) for assigned
- The RMS coordinates with the Crane Manager to ensure preventative, predictive and condition-based maintenance schedules are
- The RMS will be responsible for ensuring that maintenance status boards are maintained and up to date on all assigned
- The RMS ensures that the required inventory of consumable maintenance items is maintained on the This includes inventorying, ordering, receiving and stocking items as required.
- The RMS ensures that storage areas of maintenance inventory items and tools are maintained and well
- The RMS is responsible to ensure that a proper inventory of tools is maintained and secured on assigned locations.
- The RMS is responsible for coordinating with shore-based maintenance personnel including completing and following up on service requests as
- The RMS is responsible to investigate any downtime events involving assigned assets providing root cause for failures as required by the
- The RMS is responsible for troubleshooting, performing or coordinating repairs to assigned assets incorporating and directing operations team members as well as vendors and other maintenance personnel assigned to
- The RMS working jointly with the Crane Manager is responsible for enhancing the training of operations team members assigned to assets to ensure the proper knowledge of roles and responsibilities as defined in the
- The RMS is responsible for ensuring that all deck rigging, and wire rope is inspected as
- The RMS ensures that the Marine Sanitation Device (MSD) is maintained and inspected as
- The RMS works with the Crane Manager to develop procedures to ensure adherence to maintenance policies and schedules when the RMS and Crane Manager are not
- The RMS ensures that available downtime is utilized to perform pre-use, daily, and scheduled
- The RMS works with the Crane Manager to review the vessel schedule for planning of maintenance tasks requiring extended
- As authorized by the Corporate Maintenance Manager, the RMS will communicate with vendors to request or schedule troubleshooting or
- The RMS provides reports as required by the Maintenance
- The RMS assists with the monitoring of other assets when other personnel are on vacation or during other scheduled time
- The RMS must be able to work as a leader and a member of a team demonstrating the ability to plan and safely execute
- The RMS must demonstrate the ability to influence personnel to accomplish tasks while also solving problems at the lowest level possible, utilizing the chain of command to ensure adherence by all personnel to the
- The RMS must demonstrate knowledge of company operations, the roles of support groups and the overall mission of the company and must incorporate this knowledge in the day to day interaction with other groups and divisions.
- Any and all other tasks required by the Maintenance Chain of Command
- Minimum of 5 years in a maintenance role preferably with a mechanical, hydraulic and electrical
- Prior experience as a crane mechanic, a plus
- Completion of High School or GED required
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office products
- Ability to utilize a computer, iPad or Surface Pro
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability the effectively communicate
- Must be able to read/write/communicate in English
- Able to use basic math skills
- Demonstrate radio professionalism in communications
- Thorough knowledge of reporting procedure
- Knowledge of maintenance and troubleshooting of Gottwald Cranes, Hyundai Mobile Equipment, Wintech winch systems, wire rope and other rigging as well as engines, PLC’s and electrical
- Ability to make daytime crew changes participating in pre-job safety meetings and accompanying the crew to one of the assigned locations and to remain in the field at any assigned location until evening crew
- Ability to respond to all maintenance related activity during the week including calls after hours.
- Ability to work “on call” as part of a rotation to respond to maintenance matters after hours, holidays and/or
- Ability to work at various heights
- Ability to work in tight and confined areas
- Ability to utilize fall arrest systems and harnesses
- Be physically fit to perform all essential physical demands of this job safely.
- Advocate of team concept
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must comply with all operational directives and company policies
Incumbent will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot-cool/cold as well as occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels may require hearing protection. May be subjected to conditions which require the use of dusts mask or respirators. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment, and tools. Rotational shift work required. Twelve or more hours per day may be spent in work environment as work dictates.
The physical nature of the work will vary from day to day based on operational needs; however the job will require the incumbent to be able to perform: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion. Incumbent will also be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to: Hard Hat, eyewear, safety vests, gloves, masks/ respirators (when necessary) and steel-toe boots. The incumbent is required to utilize fall arrest systems and harnesses. The job duties will be performed at varies height levels.
- TWIC (must be able to attain)
- Must pass pre-employment drug tests as well as random drug screening
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driver’s record.