Who we are:
Atkore is forging a future where our employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities, Atkore is a leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.
Who we are looking for:
We are currently looking for a Maintenace Supervisor to be based out of Chino, CA. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this person will be responsible for supervising plant mechanic personnel. Emphasizing preventative/predictive maintenance and be able to react to plant operation needs in a safe, urgent professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of Supervisory experience in industrial manufacturing environment. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Support and actively participate in the continuous improvement of the Company’s safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Administer and sustain Total Productive Maintenance practices and Preventive Maintenance practices throughout the plant.
- Administer the availability on site of repair spare parts through a critical spare parts program based on visual management.
- Assist in troubleshooting and repairs of all equipment and the overall facility.
- Track and analyze data and implement changes for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Manage and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Develop, coach and mentor maintenance team.
- Ensure up to date training of employees per OSHA and company guidelines.
- Coordinate activities with all plant departments.
- Maintain productivity through the management of a computerized maintenance management system.
- Participate in Lean Daily Manufacturing and 5S activities and promotes the plant Lean culture.
- Ensure that the team honors our Atkore core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence in all aspects of their daily work.
- Liaison with Atkore Corporate maintenance and Engineering departments for implementation of new equipment, projects, and best practices in the Chino Facility.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of a High School Degree or GED is required. Four-year degree or technical degree preferred.
- Five to seven years supervisory experience in an industrial manufacturing environment required.
- Industrial Electrical and electronics troubleshooting experience required.
- Experience in machinery maintenance repair.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Complete your Atkore immersion program.
- Understand how your job will help deliver Atkore’s strategy.
- Gain an understanding of your team.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Update training materials and procedures.
- Partner with Safety and HR to investigate and provide corrective measures for on-the-job accidents, injuries, production issues, and HR issues.
- Fully trained on Impulse
- Identify ways to strengthen the team’s commitment to Atkore’s core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Be managing an efficient team that delivers Atkore’s strategy.
- Create and update reports, training materials and documentation.
- Have meaningful performance conversations with your direct reports.
- Be able to resolve any issues quickly and safely
- Transition to tracking all work orders, PM's in Impulse.
Salary range: $78,960 - $98,700
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We’re committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!