Maintenance Team Lead (Rigging and Transport)
Location:AUSWA113: Exmouth WA, HEH Murat Road, Naval Communication Station, Harold E Holt, Exmouth, WA, 6707, Australia
Position Role Type:Unspecified
- Work on a variety of exciting programs to keep Australia safe
- Use new and emerging technologies to solve complex problems
- Demonstrate leadership while continually learning
Raytheon Australia is a trusted capability partner to the Australian Defence Force providing the advanced space, communication and asset management solutions that keep our sovereign projects on the leading-edge.
We are searching for an outstanding Antenna Maintainer to support mission critical communications systems at the Harold E. Holt Defence Precinct at Exmouth, in Western Australia’s north-west.
The precinct is vital to our nation’s defence and includes the Space Surveillance Telescope and C-Band Radar, part of a worldwide network of telescopes and radars that detect, track, identify and catalogue man-made objects in space.
As the Principal Contractor for the Naval Communications Station Harold E Holt (NCSHEH) located in Exmouth, Western Australia, Raytheon Australia provides services for the maintenance and operation of critical defence infrastructure including the Space Surveillance Telescope, Very Low Frequency (VLF) Communications Transmitter and C-Band Radar Tracking Radar.
To support our mission, Raytheon Australia is currently seeking a motivated Maintenance Team Lead (Rigging and Transport) who is ready to join a diverse, talented and enthusiastic team of professionals in Exmouth, Western Australia.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Project Manager you will be responsible for leading a diverse team of trade professionals that provide critical maintenance support to the VLF Antenna Field infrastructure including Antenna Maintainers, Plant Operators/Maintainers, and Crane/Lifting specialists. The role ensures all activities are conducted safely and in accordance with relevant policies, systems and schedules.
In this role, you will contribute to the critical outcomes of the Australian Defence Force by delivering complex, maintenance and system improvement projects.
You will lead an expert team to success by setting the vision, building the plan and using your unique leadership skills to foster a strong and safe team culture that delivers truly innovative solutions.
In return, we will support you with access to best practice tools, systems and processes while continually investing in your growth by providing tailored learning and development opportunities.
- Oversee and effectively plan preventative and corrective maintenance activities, and ensure compliance with the approved procedures, directives, processes and policies.
- Provide effective input into procedures and process development.
- Provide effective safety leadership through a positive reporting culture
- Provide strong and effective leadership and ensure maintenance personnel are appropriately trained, authorised and aware of their responsibilities
- Develop and submit key activity and status reports as required and ensure maintenance errors are effectively investigated and reported
- Ensure the delivery of assigned tasks within cost, schedule, quality, and performance specification.
- Oversee and authorise alternative external maintenance organisations to meet production requirements
- Provide supervision, coaching and development recommendations to team members
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience post qualifications required.
- Proven experience in scaffolding, Rigging and Lifting operations.
- Construction Safety Awareness Training.
- High Risk Work Licence (RB).
- Open ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence.
- Requires understanding of basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritising, coaching and process execution.
- High Risk Work Licence (RI or RA).
- High Risk Work Licence (SI or SA).
- Medium Rigid (MR class) Heavy Vehicle Licence.
- Experience working with Defence and Government agencies
Candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance as needed. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva
Are you looking for a sea change? Do you want to support the mission of the ADF with all the benefits of a tailored career? Come to Exmouth with us!
As our employees say, we do great work and it’s great to work here, so join Raytheon Australia for your next career adventure and discover how good life can be!
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the "Apply" button below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo