Maintenance Technician 1st shift
Perform and oversee a wide range of repair and maintenance duties required for smooth operation of food manufacturing facility. Periodic weekend work will also be required to support product and downtime maintenance work.
Rhino will pay YOU $2,000 on your 6-month anniversary!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of skilled trade work associated with the maintenance of plumbing, ventilation, refrigeration, electrical, and other mechanical systems, including equipment installation, troubleshooting of problems and repairs.
- Coordinate and/or perform routine building maintenance as needed.
- Perform a wide range of skilled trades work associated with the maintenance of production equipment: troubleshoot equipment malfunctions; repair equipment if feasible or recommend outside servicing or replacement; follow and ensure that the preventative and predictive maintenance schedule is executed, perform regular preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment; offer technical advice/assistance regarding operating problems; design or modify pieces of equipment to correct production problems or enhance production equipment capabilities.
- Ensure prompt and cost effective preventative maintenance and repair of production equipment. Continually focus on reducing costs while maintaining quality. Assist with various tests and studies related to production procedures and related equipment implementation. Train and certify operators on new equipment. Serve on and/or lead company work teams as assigned and participate in process improvements. Be on call for support on an as needed basis.
- Participate in company product development process. Work with R&D and the New Product Development team to develop equipment/processes to produce new products; assist in the design and installation of new equipment; set up and insure proper operation of new equipment before it goes to production; develop and provide training on new equipment.
- Utilize Rhino’s work order and parts system (MP2) to record and track parts usage and repair/fabrication time.
- Other related duties and projects, as assigned.
- 10+ relevant maintenance experience required
- High school education, plus four years electrical and mechanical technical training or an equivalent combination of training and relevant experience.
- Experience maintaining and trouble-shooting high speed packing equipment such as flow wrappers and bagging machines.
- PLC trouble-shooting and programming.
- Experience with ice cream production a plus.
- Minimum of three to five years experience in a Manufacturing Maintenance/Technician role. Food industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Proven methodical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills related to the building trades: equipment repair, mechanical systems installation and maintenance, plumbing, refrigeration, electrical, etc.
- Ability to set and act on priorities and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Strong reading, writing and math skills. Thorough documentation skills.
- Some estimating, scheduling, and purchasing experience desirable.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees at all levels in a team-oriented work environment.
- Physical ability to perform all essential job duties, including heavy or moderate lifting, prolonged standing and walking, considerable bending, stooping and climbing.
- Flexible schedule; including on call, evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to participate in and support company purpose and principles.
- Ability to convey ideas and to listen.
- Mon-Fri 40 hour position
- Food manufacturing/GMP environment.
- Working on your feet for extended periods of time. Regular heavy lifting of up to 75 pounds. Use of power tools, diagnostics, and fabrication tools.