Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
NASG Indiana, LLC
Come grow with us…
North American Stamping is expanding and looking to hire. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician on 2nd shift to join our team! North American Stamping Group is a privately held company founded in 1978. We continue to explore the most innovative processes and technologies to stay on the leading edge of the automotive industry. Our strategic locations within North America allows us the manufacturing footprint to cover you in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. NASG is an industry leader in the manufacturing of stampings and automated assemblies. A Tier II supplier of components, systems and aftermarket products for the automotive industry with a core business market consisting of seating, ride control, exhaust components, heat shields, noise, vibration and harness (NVH), chassis and structural and window regulators.
Your success is our success…
Our sales have grown annually at a compounded rate of 18.0% for the last eight years, tripling our business, while making us one of the largest leading Tier II automotive stamping and assembly suppliers. The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager or designate. This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing plant production equipment, support equipment and building related assets. Primary duty is to ensure that all related equipment is always ready to run at peak efficiency and to facilitate preventative, predictive and general maintenance and complete repairs when deficiencies are found. Works with engineering, production and quality departments to support internal and external customers.
What you get in return …
This position can pay up to $29.85 per hour based upon your skill level, along with a 7.5% shift premium and a full benefits package!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment to ensure production capability and equipment reliability by performing the following duties.
- Provides reactive maintenance support to the production area to ensure timely repair of all equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning machinery and initiates repair or adjustment of the machinery to produce products to specifications and quality standards.
- Troubleshoots mechanical devices to identify problem areas.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Repairs electrical equipment as assigned.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
Education and/or Experience:
A minimum of high school diploma; preferred one-year certificate from college or technical school in the field; related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess excellent personal communication skills. Ability to administer and receive constructive feedback to increase the overall efficiency of the department. Must be capable to act as a leader and role model for NASG. May be required to have the ability to obtain NASG lift license and use lifts properly and safely. Blueprint reading knowledge preferred.