Beverly Knits, Inc.
Maintenance Mechanic **Welding Experience**
· Ensure that fabric is protected and covered when cutting and/or welding around these items in plant.
· Repair or patch all aspects of company property to protect material from being damaged (roof, racks, etc.)
· Keep work area clean, dispose of used parts and supplies properly and return tools back to proper locations.
· Keep machinery and equipment free of potential things that would cause rips/tears.
· Keep air dryers for plant air compressor working properly.
· Keep auto drains working properly.
· Maintain all plant and office air condition units.
· Keep close checks on oil separator pressure on air compressor to detect a collapsed separator.
· Maintain boiler and water treatment to minimize downtime.
· Keep parts organized to help with part locate and inventory access faster.
· Looks for ways to improve machine design to possibly improve quality.
· Keep oil leaks repaired on plant lift trucks.
· Keep plant lift trucks in operable conditions and report damages or abuse.
· Looks for risks and opportunities and communicates them with his/her supervisor.
· Works on any equipment that has mechanical issues. (jets, frames, sewing machines, etc.)
· Always follows lock out and tag out procedures.
- Minimum education requirements include being able to read and write in English, read and understand instructions and explain problems
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Mechanic in an industrial environment with Welding Experience
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or other safety violations
- Experience in training fellow associates
- Physical abilities to stand, walk and kneel on concrete floors, climb ladders, move 50# safely without assistance, reach above head and have flexibility to twist and turn in tight places
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to lint, chemicals and heat in summer months
- Must comply with all safety, quality and production requirements and instructions