Bowling Green, OH
$2,600 SIGN ON BONUS!
$3 SHIFT PREMIUM
**Summary:**Set up, repair, and maintain machines and equipment. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, set up and operation of machine tools for repairs, troubleshooting equipment to diagnose problems, repairing and maintaining equipment as necessary, and testing for correct operation of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates variety of machine tools and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- - Observes, listens to, and troubleshoots operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
Studies blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to determine type and dimensions of metal stock required.
- Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on metal stock surfaces, using such measuring and marking devices as calibrated ruler, micrometer, caliper, and scriber.
- Dismantles machine or equipment, using hand tools or power tools, to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal stock, using appropriate hand or power tools.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- - May weld and fabricate parts using appropriate equipment (welding, shears, brake, etc.)
May repair or replace faulty wiring, switches, relays, or controls.
- Works with department division leader to complete building and equipment maintenance projects as necessary.
- Communicates with maintenance department leader and any other personnel assisting in equipment repairs and/or maintenance regarding equipment downtime status and conditions.
- Assists in all aspects of equipment and/or facilities maintenance as assigned (set-up, preventative maintenance, facilities, etc.)
- Applies common sense understanding to basic work processes.
- Carries out detailed written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Handles problems involving several concrete jobs specific variables.
- Reads and interprets schematics (hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical) and/or blueprints.
- Analyzes a problem and identifies the root cause.
You should be proficient in:
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Hydraulics Experience
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment