We are Alsco Uniforms. We’ve been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It’s our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We’re seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We’d love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for regular preventative maintenance of large industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Assists the Maintenance Technician and/or Chief Engineer as required. This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
$18.00 to $20.00 DOE
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Performs basic maintenance duties, including monitoring oil levels and performing regular preventative maintenance of grease fittings, lint traps, shaker screen barrels, limited electrical troubleshooting.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Assists in problem resolution in an effort to minimize equipment downtime.
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes
- Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
- Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
-Electrical experience preferred
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or other safety violations.
- Demonstrate adequate mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time management and team member skills.
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement.
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, kneeling, working in confined areas, reaching overhead, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs, lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs, reading, writing, speaking, hearing.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint and dust, in general offices or on outside grounds.
- Occasionally, such as to procure parts.
The Maintenance Worker must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit alsco.com/benefits.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.