Dairy Farmers of America
Demonstrate full proficiency in maintenance/mechanical activities to ensure that all equipment is operating effectively and efficiently. Perform general maintenance, preventative maintenance, over-hauls, modification, fabrication, welding, and/or mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair. Work with a limited degree of supervision, with oversight focused on complex and/or new assignments. Act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform maintenance and/or repairs (planned, unplanned, emergency) on production, processing, and packaging equipment as well as utility related equipment or systems, following all safety procedures
· Perform preventative maintenance; perform routine inspections of equipment for assessment of reliability and performance
· Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
· Support the installation of new equipment
· Assist operators with training or troubleshooting to minimize equipment downtime
· Complete work orders in a timely manner, while maintaining high quality standards
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
· Maintain communication with other departments, management, and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production
· Ensure all repairs are documented. Complete all paperwork clearly, legibly, and accurately with required information. Document all required information in accordance with standard operations procedures
· Stay up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
· Exhibit the ability to anticipate parts requirements for the tasks, follow proper purchasing procedures, and acquire parts ahead of anticipated task performance
· Maintain safe working conditions for employees and compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding health and safety issues
· Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements
· The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required
Your offer includes an initial sign-on bonus of $3000.
Breakdown of bonus is as follows: $1500 after 90 days and $1500 at 6 months.
Paid vacation and holidays
Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
Comprehensive healthcare benefits
Service recognition and employee rewards
Employee referral program
Work for dairy farming families
More benefits, too many to name