Maintenance Technician (Day Shift)
AIM Aerospace, Inc.
Orange City, IA
An exciting aerospace career awaits you in our manufacturing facility in Orange City, Iowa. Apply to join the SEKISUI Aerospace team today!
Position is responsible for SEKISUI Aerospace Orange City facilities and manufacturing equipment making sure it operates at utmost potential and are maintained to ensure maximum availability.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ensure that all SEKISUI equipment and facilities are 100% compliant to standard safety practices and regulatory organizations (OSHA, ANSI, UL, NFPA), customer processing spec (BAC, RPS) qualification requirements, and aerospace industry accredited organization (nadcap, ncamp) requirements.
- Debug electrical & controls issues with equipment and SCADA system.
- Coordinate work activities with outside contractors and vendors as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment to a defined schedule and maintain preventative maintenance instructions.
- Work with production scheduling when maintaining facilities/equipment to ensure production impact is minimized.
- Provide accurate time estimates to production management on maintenance functions.
- Ensure maintenance spares inventory is maintained at minimum levels and spares are reordered as they are consumed.
- Install, relocate, facilitate and startup equipment as required.
- Ability to climb ladders, operate hand & power tools, drive fork lift, assembly heavy mechanisms
- Physical Demands include standing, sitting, lifting, bending, and climbing throughout shift.
- Flexibility to alter work schedule including nights, weekends, and on call as needed.
- Valid Iowa driver’s license.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Five to Seven years of maintenance experience required. Previous electrical and controls experience preferred.
Basic computer & software skills preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate requiring hearing protection in certain areas.
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
PPE is provided by SEKISUI Aerospace based on the employee’s position and exposure.
Day Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, additional overtime hours as needed
Swing Shift: Monday – Friday, 2:00 PM – 10:30 PM, additional overtime hours as needed
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Tuition Reimbursement
SEKISUI Aerospace is a division of SEKISUI Chemical Group with offices in the United States. Our headquarters are located in Renton, WA with facilities Sumner, WA and Orange City, IA. We design, engineer and manufacture composite structures used in commercial and military aircraft.
SEKISUI Aerospace is committed to maintaining a work community that recognizes and appreciates the value of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding and mutual dignity and respect among all team members. Our Values are the filter by which we do business. Visit https://www.sekisuiaerospace.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Orange City, IA is located in the northwest corner of Iowa in Sioux County. It is home to two growing school systems, a four-year liberal arts college, the annual Tulip Festival, as well as many large industry and development opportunities. To learn more about the Orange City community please visit https://vibrant.orangecityiowa.com.
SEKISUI Aerospace is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
SEKISUI Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
People with Disabilities
SEKISUI Aerospace is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the human resources department at the appropriate SEKISUI Aerospace manufacturing site.
Orange City Operations: 712.707.9200
SEKISUI Aerospace is a federal contractor and is required to participate in the federal government’s E-Verify program. E-Verify allow us to confirm the employment authorization of newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire’s completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification within three days of starting employment. For information regarding E-Verify, visit the E-Verify site.