MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – GRAVEYARD SHIFT
Sonderen Packaging, Inc.
Sonderen Packaging is hiring for Manufacturing Positions.
Sonderen Packaging is a family company in its third generation of ownership, since 1963. We strive to maintain a family focused culture, built on respect to our customers and employees.
Sonderen Packaging offers:
- Competitive Wages (positions with step progression, you earn as you learn)
- Signing Bonus - $500 if eligible
- Quarterly Metric Bonus potentials
- 401(k) + company match up to 4%, eligible after 6 months
- Medical, dental and life Insurance after 60 days.
- Health Insurance (choice of 3 plans) for employee AND family (company even pays a portion of dependent premiums)
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance/Supplemental Life
- Vacation, Sick and 6.5 holidays
- Referral bonus – up to $500 if eligible
Work Hard Play Hard is what it’s all about. We have our annual summer picnic and winter party, monthly meal or giveaways, birthday wheel, several opportunities to help our local community with fundraisers and our partnership with Rogers High School on the Bite2Go program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing
- Previous manufacturing experience is always a plus, but not required.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Job type: Full-Time
Pay: Varied on Position, Shift and experience
- 8 hour, 10 hour, 12 hour shifts
- Days, Swing, Grave and weekend
- Open 7 days a week
COVID-19 considerations: Sonderen Packaging follows all CDC and local guidelines
Go to the company website to see all employment opportunities.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions. Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts. Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments. Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment. Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results. Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Broad Training in related professional field usually acquired through HS Education or an equivalent combination knowledge, skills, education or work-related experience.
Job related experience for 3 years minimum in a plant environment as a maintenance technician/mechanic.
Ability to troubleshoot and repair a variety of things including plumbing, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, etc.
Basic skills in MS Office
Good verbal, written & interpersonal communication
Sense of urgency
Valid Drivers License and clean driving record requiredID:uDnQdo