Maintenance Technician – ICM Biofuels
Ring-Neck Energy & Feed, LLC
St. Joseph, MO
Responsible for repair and maintenance of plant equipment to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Repair or replace plant equipment on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance activities as a priority.
- Assist with diagnosing and troubleshooting maintenance related issues.
- Assist with projects as requested by maintenance lead or manager. Learn what is all involved in their decision making process.
- Perform millwright tasks such as repairing pumps, tanks/vessels, heat exchangers, centrifuges, grain milling equipment, gearboxes, and conveyors.
- Operate rolling stock such as fork lifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, and overhead cranes proficiently.
- Data entry into various programs including; Microsoft Excel, Word, CMMS (Llumin), and Share Point.
- Complete assigned tasks on time and accurately. Follow directions, scope of work, and procedures provided by maintenance lead or manager.
- Commitment to and compliance of all safety policies and procedures to ensure zero injuries or incidents. Acquire of and participate in MOC’s and understand PSM compliance.
- Responsible for adhering to internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with internal and external company customer contacts, and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Complete all required safety and environmental training.
- Participate in plant programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Be available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Required Knowledge & Experience:
1-3 years of experience in maintenance or repair of mechanical equipment required
Knowledge of and strict attention to safety precautions and rules required
Experience with CMMS software preferred
Strong math skills
Exceptional mechanical aptitude
Ability to multitask and make quick decisions
Strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, dispute resolution and ability to overcome obstacles
Act with humility, honesty, integrity and a commitment to safety
Ability to manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy
Ability to participate in all conversations in a respectful manner
Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers
Ability to maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, use tact and diplomacy and possess a customer service focus
Must be able to operate wheeled equipment, loaders, forklift, platform lift, and personal carrier, in a safe and effective manner
Ability to be on call for off hours, weekends, and holidays as required
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
The majority of the time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to, fermentation vessels, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges, and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and extreme hot or cold temperatures. Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of 175 feet. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Must have fine visual acuity to read for accuracy.
This job may require lifting of up to 75 pounds regularly.