Maintenance Technician III
Elite Line Services provides world class Maintenance Solutions under the umbrella of our parent company Daifuku, an international leader in the Manufacturing and Integration of Material Handling Equipment including conveyors, sorters, pickers and robotics.
We are looking for experienced Industrial Maintenance Technicians to maintain equipment for
- Competitive wages plus a Shift Differential for overnights!
- Comprehensive Benefits that Start on Day 1 including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Assistance, EAP, and Paid Leave!
- Advancement Opportunities!
- Training to work in a Cutting-Edge Fulfillment Center!
- A Safety-First culture!
- As a Maintenance Technician III, you will lead service technicians on the team in the installation and repair of automated packaging and distribution equipment. You will support the ELS Maintenance team by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. You will help train and mentor service technicians.
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems in the building
- Lead and audit preventative maintenance procedures
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components, photo-eyes, motor starters, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc.
- Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used
- Develop training plans for service technicians
- Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights and/or holiday
- Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 5+ years of experience working with automated conveyors and controls
- 5+ years of experience with electrical and electronic principles, National Electrical Code (NEC), and industrial electronics
- 5+ years of experience conducting preventative & procedure-based maintenance
- 5 + years of experience reading blueprints and schematics
- 5 + years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs
- 3+ years of work order management
- Previous vendor management experience
- 4+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience with robotic or electromechanical maintenance
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards, accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety Standards.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Maintain a positive working relationship across all of the Amazon Operations facility
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Problem solving skills
- Customer focus and ability to balance customer needs with company procedures
- Organized and able to follow thru with commitments
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- 1 year of experience in PC competency to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Works in a warehouse that contains moving equipment and machinery.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.