Hood Container Corp.
What We’re Searching for:
Qualified Maintenance Technician in our Jamestown, NC plant to assist with preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance. In this role, you will apply your expertise in electrical and mechanical maintenance to improve the overall efficiency of the plant. Strong organizational, teamwork and self-starter skills will lead you to success in this role.
Hood Container Corporation is a family-owned, mill-to-market company specializing in containerboard and kraft paper, corrugated boxes, high graphic displays, and contract packaging. Our commitment to customer happiness, employee well-being, environmental stewardship, and operational excellence drive our business. Over the last eight years, Hood Container Corporation has grown to become one of the top ten Paper and Packaging Companies in the United States. Our integrated company resources allow for a unique dynamic that evolves with every addition to our geographic footprint. We excel at offering the benefits of a large corporation while operating as a boutique business and building close relationships with our customers.
Our Mission: Through our unwavering commitment to safety, innovation, and sustainability, we passionately deliver indispensable value to our customers, employees, suppliers, communities, and stakeholders.
Our Vision: A unified culture that creates innovative customer solutions
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens and customers we serve. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a competitive full benefits package and *Sign On Bonus!!** $1,000 Total - $500 after 60 days, and $500 after 6 Months.
How You Will Contribute:
• Ensure safe operation of plant equipment both electrically and mechanically by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications, and troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring, and testing instruments.
• Remove defective parts by dismantling and reassembling them according to the equipment manual.
• Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Lubricating equipment as needed, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities to improve lube program through improved techniques and technology
• Enter tasks and detail summary of work performed into work order management system.
• Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What it Takes:
• Excellent troubleshooting and installation skills.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and conveyor systems.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, and blueprints
• Possess basic math and computer skills.
• Basic knowledge of metal fabrication, welding, and plumbing.
• Bear professionalism to work in a team environment.
• Proper use of all hand and power tools (including multi-meters, micrometers, and calipers).
• Experience adjusting machine eccentrics to parallel rolls.
• Ability to Ohm out, and test wiring insulation and meg motors.
• Understand functions and operations of electrical and pneumatic switches. • Basic Knowledge of PLC and CPU.
• Ability to troubleshoot 480v (3-Phase and Single Phase)
• Ability to perform machine rebuild with little to no supervision.
• Knowledge and proper execution with regard to maintaining safety guards and Lock Out
• Strong mechanical aptitude is a plus
• Strong electrical aptitude is a plus • 2+ years of formal maintenance training (technical college/trade school or military training equivalent) is a plus Considerations/Physical Requirements
• Ability to lift 50lbs, walking, standing, stooping, pushing and/or pulling, kneeling, reaching, and climbing
To learn more about us: To learn more visit hoodcontainer.com or follow us on social media – LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.