Valley Queen Cheese Factory, Inc.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform maintenance related duties (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic) to install and maintain food processing and production equipment.
- Detect, troubleshoot, repair and identify root cause of plant and production equipment issues. (H7)
- Perform planned, unplanned and preventative repairs of all plant equipment in a Premier manner that contributes to the achievement of planned versus unplanned work order goals. (H7)
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service.
- Perform plant rounds in a highly professional manner always looking to identify any items that need further attention.
- Keep assigned work orders current to seven days.
- Maintain plant utility systems in such a manner that these systems do not cause any production downtime.
- Safely operate the plant utility systems during shift (steam, air handling, ammonia, compressed air, electrical, water and sewer). (H8)
- Understand and adhere to all PSM requirements. (H8)
- Maintain training requirements to serve on the emergency response team.
- Comply with all company safety rules and follow PPE requirements to achieve no injuries and no lost time accidents.
- Maintain standard records pertaining to daily work requirements in a manner that makes them a reliable data source for safety, quality and regulatory requirements and audits.
- Understand and adhere to all GMPs and food safety policies and procedures and perform all work in a manner that ensures the highest standard of food safety and quality.
- Attend and/or complete required safety and quality training sessions by the assigned deadlines
- Use tools, spare parts and supplies in responsible manner yielding maximum profitability for VQC while maintaining equipment and facility to the highest possible standard.
- Ensure 100 percent accuracy when signing out spare parts and any other parts transactions.
- Respond to all maintenance calls to production areas as a top priority to ensure production time is not lost.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Computer Skills
- Time Management/Initiative
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a shop and plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Exposed to extreme temperature variations. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Please refer to the separate functional job description for this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, night shift position. This position works a 12-hour shift following an alternating schedule which includes weekends and holidays.
Less than 5% travel expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience & Certifications
High school diploma/GED. Associate degree in related technical field or equivalent number of years of maintenance experience. Proficiency in basic computer skills.
Preferred Education, Experience & Certifications
Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration. Welding experience. Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Minimum age requirement is 18. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, duties or tasks that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities, duties and tasks may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay Grade: 6-7