Vulcan Global Manufacturing Solutions, Inc.
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
· Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems, replace, rebuild or repair parts, test and make any necessary adjustments.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
· Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance, carpentry and welding functions
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Follow and comply with all environmental, safety work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards, including appropriate waste management
· Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, training, etc.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
· 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some exposure to PLC and HVAC.
- Proficient using Microsoft office suites (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-Point, etc.)
- Ability to analyze large amounts of information.
- Computer data entry
· Technical Capacity.
· Communication Proficiency.
· Results Driven.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
The work environment for this position will be on a manufacturing floor. There will be exposure to manufacturing equipment and the requirement of safety glasses, safety shoes and ear plugs at a minimum. Respirator use may be required depending on the air quality. The amount of time spent on the manufacturing shop floor will be 100%.ID:uDnQdo