Maintenance Technician – Minneapolis, KS
Compensation: Starting pay of $19.50-23.50/hr
Location: Minneapolis, KS
Utilize your Mechanical Skillset to Support the Success of a Dynamic Operation!
Progressive and growing master distributor of industrial fasteners seeks a skilled Maintenance Technician with the ability to troubleshoot equipment issues, work with a sense of urgency, and the ability to demonstrate strong communication skill. The company’s growth trend calls for a talented technician focused on supporting our lean manufacturing, quality, and distribution operations. This is a team-play environment with friendly, knowledgeable staff oriented toward success and high-quality service to our customers. We offer these benefits and more:
- Triannual profit sharing bonuses on top of regular pay.
- 401(k), with a generous employer match and a year-one full vestment.
- Full benefits, including free health insurance option for non-tobacco users.
- Best-in-class Company Health Club.
- Generous paid-time-off policies, including paid holidays, bereavement, and parental leave.
- Comprehensive on-boarding training program.
- Great culture with supportive teammates.
- Supportive managerial feedback.
- Ensure proper maintenance of production/distribution facilities which includes various preventative maintenance programs.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment failures and malfunctions. May make determination when contract or supplier support is needed to facilitate repair.
- Complete routine maintenance to keep all equipment and systems within the facility in proper and safe working order. May oversee outside completion of preventive maintenance including scheduling to not disrupt operations.
- May serve as immediate liaison with outside contractors performing equipment maintenance, repair, or enhancement.
- Assess urgency of repair work and is available to expedite such emergency and critical repairs.
- Maintain all tools and supplies used for maintenance in excellent working order.
- Assist in record-keeping including spare part usage and inventory, preventive maintenance logs, and repair logs.
- Prepare work orders and replacement part purchase orders for approval.
- Read and interpret job orders, specifications, prints and schematic drawings, written maintenance procedures, and other print or electronic material to properly conduct required job tasks.
- Perform other related duties as required; including, occasional janitorial functions to support facility hygiene.
- Ability to communicate verbally with others.
- Ability to utilize electrical and mechanical maintenance tools.
- Ability to climb ladders while carrying material.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work Power Equipment (Forklift, Reach truck, etc). In-house training provided.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with equipment and tool safety measures are essential.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record is essential.
- Prior electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Relevant trade certification/education is a plus.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and verbal/written communication skill.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot, assess, and follow through maintenance repairs.
- Basic PC skills in the use of Microsoft Office and other software.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities in conjunction with leadership.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality.
- Current and active Class A CDL is a PLUS but not required.
Work Environment: This is a manufacturing plant environment - exposure to high temperatures, moving machinery, moving equipment, heights and confined spaces.
EEOE: Huyett is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.ID:uDnQdo