Par Hawaii Refining, LLC
WHO WE ARE:
Par Pacific is a growth-oriented company that owns and operates market-leading energy and infrastructure businesses in logistically complex markets. Par Pacific combines experience in the oil and gas industry with corporate financing know-how. We bring this unique strength to complex markets where we seek out diamonds in the rough. As a nimble, entrepreneurial organization, we actively pursue new opportunities in response to local market demands and changing external environments.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, as a Refinery Maintenance Technician, you will primarily work within the refinery to support operations and keep the facility running reliably and at peak performance.
You will work the day shift and complete your daily duties in conjunction with
another Refinery Maintenance Technician. Daily duties could include, but will not be limited to, cleaning up the plant, fixing leaking or broken pipes, repairing or replacing exchangers, installing or repairing steam and condensate tubing, changing filters, insulation projects, maintaining Refinery equipment, and painting. Specifically, you will:
- Receive work orders from the Maintenance Supervisor as generated from our work order system.
- Organize your daily schedule to include all preparations for work including: reviewing work to be completed and determining the safest and most efficient way to complete this work; reviewing maintenance procedures and completing JSA’s for all work to be completed; obtaining all required work permits from Refinery Operators.
- Maintain assigned work areas, vehicles, and equipment in a clean and orderly manner, performing housekeeping chores as required and/or directed.
- Follow, maintain and adhere to all safety rules, procedures and regulations.
- Follow all environmental procedures and report all safety and environmental incidents and concerns to your supervisor immediately.
- Use your strong mechanical and pipe fitting skills regularly, while doing your job.
- Strictly follow instructions, policies and procedures.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Refinery Maintenance Technician at a Growth-Oriented Energy Company.
Learn & develop your skills in a role where you will tackle a wide array of challenges.
- Join a collaborative maintenance team that works well together.
- Learn the intricacies of the refinery including operations.
- Enjoy strong training. If you have got the right attitude and aptitude, we will train you in the areas you may not know.
- Take on a wide range of duties. You are not just turning wrenches, you will learn the chemistry, think through issues and enjoy interesting challenges daily.
- Join a company committed to safety as demonstrated by our outstanding safety record.
- Set yourself up for advancement. The breadth of this role will give you the skills and knowledge needed to pursue other opportunities in Maintenance and/or Operations.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong general craftsman with oil & gas, plant, mining or similar experience. We will also consider applicants with strong mechanical skills, a good attitude, and the drive and desire to learn who have alternative experience. To be a good fit for the Refinery Maintenance Technician opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Mechanical and pipe fitting skills preferred
- Forklift certification or the ability to learn and operate forklifts and man lifts
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- A strong commitment to safety policies and procedures
- Computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Word& Excel) is a plus
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and with situations that involve customers, operations and emergencies
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- The ability to lift 60 pounds
- 20-40 vision or better, depth perception, full field; the ability to distinguish colors as required to perform duties
- Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
In addition, you will need the following core competencies and characteristics:
- Flexibility and dependability; the ability to work outside of your assigned shift , including weekends , holidays and evenings, as required
- Solid communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with team members throughout our organization
- Strong organization, prioritization and problem-solving skills; the ability to work well with deadlines
- Self-discipline, the ability to work independently and as a strong member of the Maintenance Team
You will work an assigned shift from 6:30 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday, but you will need to be flexible and stay when needed to complete a work order. The refinery operates 24/7/365, so you must also be willing to take call outs any day and time, as needed, or even change your shift for a time if the refinery is offline. Historically, this role has enjoyed approximately 10% overtime.
The position may be exposed to heat, noise, humidity, altitude, smoke, fumes, dust, gases , hydrocarbons, paints, and solvents. You will need to wear personal protective equipment, which we will provide, including safety glasses, flame resistant clothing, earplugs, gloves, steel toe shoes, and a hard hat. We also provide respirators. Additionally, you must have the physical stamina to climb, squat, lift, stand , etc. You will be comfortable with heights and confined spaces.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good Reasons to work for Par:
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- a niche player in the energy space that operates in logistically complex markets. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You will work in Newcastle, the county seat of Weston County, which offers the neighborly culture you would expect in a small town. We are proud of our great schools, low cost of living, and even lower cost of housing. The downtown historic district is listed with the National Registry of Historic Places, and it helps preserve the Western culture that residents love.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Keys to Success
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional development.
In addition, in order to be a successful Refinery Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Be flexible and maintain a "can-do" attitude.
- Achieve goals independently but also contribute as a team player.
- Deliver results and operational excellence by planning, organizing and owning your work assignments.
- Build solid interpersonal relationships by relating well to others, communicating effectively , bringing a collaborative approach and influencing others as appropriate.
- Make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Dedicate yourself to learning the areas where you may have knowledge or skills gaps.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure businesses with attractive competitive positions. We own and operate refineries in Hawaii, Washington and Wyoming, with total operating throughput capacity of over 150 Mbpd. We own and operate one of the largest energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a logistics network supplying the major islands of the state. In Wyoming, Par Pacific owns a refinery and associated logistics network in a niche market. We operate 123 fuel retail outlets in Hawaii, Washington, and Idaho. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol "PARR".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.