Maintenance Technician – Nights
Transit Mix Concrete Co.
East Chicago, IN
Why work for us?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence perception, and keen to build, grow and thrive in our high-performance culture. Are you ready to build progress with us?
Maintenance Technician - Nights
All duties are performed in a work-safe manner. Holcim Health & Safety Policy and The 5 Health & Safety Rules are followed. This individual works as an Operations team member. The primary purpose of this position is to participate as a mobile maintenance team member to troubleshoot, maintain and repair the stationery plant equipment.
- Rebuild stationary and mobile equipment.
- Working in a team of two, responsible for various field maintenance including but not limited to: conveyor belt installation, uninstall/install portable crush plant, drop grease lines, rebuild and install transfer chutes, fuse pipe, form concrete pad
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- May be called upon to fill in as an HME operator
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements. Follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications, and troubleshooting process to complete task.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices which may include using hoists, cranes, telehandlers, skid steers, hand and power tools.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by approved methods and process.
- Maintains continuity between home office and site by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Performs maintenance duties in accordance with safety procedures
Performs specialized repairs that require critical tolerances for proper equipment operation.
Performs maintenance duties following standard work instructions to ensure proper utilization.
Service equipment to ensure reliable performance
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
This position will be working with another field operator at all times. The individual must be able to communicate with site management and their own supervisor regarding project progress, concerns, and expectations.
Required Education: High School diploma/GED or Click here to enter number of years. years of equivalent experience.
Required Work Experience: 2-5 years plant maintenance experience
- Individual must have proven communication, interpersonal, and decision making skills.
- Must have reliable mode of transportation
- Welding and fabrication experience preferred, but not required
- Experience operating heavy mobile equipment including front wheel loaders and articulated haul trucks.
- Flexibility for weekly site changes
Must be able to travel through permanently moored storage vessel and cement terminal, i.e., walk over obstacles, climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, respirators etc.).
The employee will at times be exposed to extremely hot/cold, dusty, noisy, or dark situations. At times, work will be performed at heights or in small confined spaces.