North Kingstown, RI
Tremco Construction Products Group brings together Tremco CPG Inc.’s Commercial Sealants & Waterproofing and Roofing & Building Maintenance divisions; Tremco Barrier Solutions Inc.; Dryvit, Nudura and Willseal brands; Prebuck LLC; Weatherproofing Technologies, Inc.; Weatherproofing Technologies Canada and PureAir Control Services, Inc. Altogether, Tremco CPG companies operate 21 manufacturing facilities, 6 distribution sites, and 3 R&D/technology sites, and employ more than 2,700 people across North America.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The Maintenance Technician supports and ensures the completion of day-to-day maintenance activities at the plant. The position provides support to leadership for all maintenance staff to drive excellence and maximize effort. The position focuses on maintaining high-quality standards through the efforts expended at the facility that meet and exceed customer expectations while maintaining a professional and equally efficient environment for all production employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform standard work in a safe manner by following all written and verbally communicated safety rules and procedures.
- Inspect and repair plant equipment, including but not limited to mechanical, welding, carpentry, electrical, instrumentation and controls to minimize downtime.
- Document accurate maintenance activity records.
- Clean and maintain assigned areas and tools to ensure proper functionality.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process.
- Report incidents, near misses, and any non-conformances through the appropriate channels.
- Exemplify the expected values of organization including following policies and standard work procedures.
- Give input on and coordinate maintenance supply purchases.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance Program to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Cross-train on other production functions to aid as business need dictates.
EDUCATION: One-year certificate from college, technical school or manufacturing training program.
EXPERIENCE: Maintenance Technician I: No prior experience or training.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to troubleshoot electric, air systems, and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of lockout/tagout, arc flash requirements, confined space entry and hot work permit
- Ability to work overtime as needed; ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond urgently to down equipment
- Effective team player, self-motivated, quick learner
- Good communication skills with the ability to read, write, and communicate fluently in English
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Incumbent must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach, climb, kneel, talk, hear, and lift up to 50 lbs.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
The hourly rate for applicants in this position generally ranges between $20.50 and $24.92. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operations, needs, and other considerations permitted by law.
Tremco offers a variety of benefits to its employees, including but not limited to health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, Company Pension Plan, Performance Based Bonus/Commission, and continuing education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.ID:uDnQdo