North Manchester, IN
At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
- Attractive Relocation Assistance and Bonus Programs for qualifying positions and/or locations
- Competitive pay, including shift premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonuses, and Bi-Annual Incentive Bonuses
- Individual and family plans for health, dental, & vision insurance, including a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person – mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent work-life balance with a 'family-first' culture
- Safety and cold weather gear reimbursements
- Discounted home and auto insurance
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient repair, preventative maintenance, and cleaning of all equipment associated with plant processes. Team members in this position will also perform maintenance tasks on all plant equipment. Maintenance Technicians are accountable for communicating any issues to the management team. Maintenance Technicians should be knowledgeable of process flow, computerized equipment and have an awareness of hazards associated with the process as well as display an understanding and ability to execute standard operating procedures (SOPs). As a team member grows in their skill and experience levels they are expected to become proficient in all maintenance functions at the Bioprocessing facility and be capable of training other team members in all areas. Continuous plant operation may require the Maintenance Technician to work 12-hour shifts and/or meet call-in requirements as needed.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE) …
- Coordinate work functions with fellow team members and other departments within POET.
- Maintain boiler and cooling tower systems including water testing and adjusting.
- Maintain all plant equipment including, but not limited to: centrifuges (decanters and corn oil), pumps, motors, gearboxes, minor electrical systems, PLC’s, heat exchangers, compressors, grain handling equipment, and fans or blowers.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues
- Perform Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) functions on the equipment.
- Operate, maintain, and clean the water filtration equipment.
- Understand and as needed operate the DCS (Distributed Control System) for the plant.
- Use Maximo to coordinate and order materials to complete projects and thoroughly document all maintenance tasks and spare part inventory.
- Work with the management team to solve problems and fix unsafe conditions.
- Use your knowledge of plant processes to understand how the equipment is utilized.
- Operate equipment including, but not limited to: telehandler, skid steers, tractors, ATVs, pay loaders, and fork lifts.
- Perform welding, cutting, and fabrication on plant and structural equipment.
- Be responsible for concrete work including building forms, pouring, and finishing.
- Maintain a clean facility and follow the sanitation schedule completing all tasks as assigned.
- Keep your plant safe by fostering a culture of safe behavior and environmental
- Train new team members in the Maintenance Department
- Clearly and concisely communicate with other departments.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- High school diploma or equivalent Secondary education and/or certifications preferred.
- Documented successful performance as a Maintenance Technician I or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with fabrication, welding, cutting; repair of equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, airlocks, fans/blowers, agitator assemblies, and valves; boiler operations and water chemistry; material handling systems such as conveyors; preventative maintenance practices, fabrication and repair of metal/plastic piping systems; and instrument and electrical work preferred.
- Experience with concrete work, hydraulics, pneumatic and fluid processes, and ability to read schematic drawings is helpful.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to embrace change.
- You have the ability to understand technical and day to day operation of a bioprocessing facility.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office You’re capable of learning new programs.
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN POET
At POET we believe in recognizing team member contributions as they add value to the organization. Team member skills and contributions are frequently assessed and recognized through incentives and title progression. New team member titles and pay are determined considering their qualifications.
- Culture is king at We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s the way we do things at POET.
- Team members will be required to adhere to all safety requirements at all times and in all work environments. This position is exposed to work in multiple environments, including plant, laboratory, as well as an office environment. You may be exposed to high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, internal and external temperature/weather conditions, and chemicals.
- Due to the physical and safety sensitive nature of this job, you will be subject to a physical and expected to pass a drug screen during the pre-screen process. During employment, you’ll be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Specific physical requirements may include:
- Occasionally lifting weight up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders.
- Opening valves.
- Occasionally bending, twisting and turning while lifting weight of less than fifty (50) pounds.
- Data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour.
- Walking up to two (2) or more miles per day.
- Pushing brooms, shovels, etc.
- Working at heights, in confined spaces and at temperatures from -20 to +100 degrees.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Using hand and power tools.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.